Golden Banana Quest! - Cogitate, Discuss and Suggest in here!

• Start your quest by travelling here and downloading the pdf sheet as well as pondering over the first clues!

The Pirate Umbra is marooned on the island where the Golden Bananas are hidden. But she’ll need your help to decipher Blind Bob’s maddening clues to the treasure’s ultimate hiding place.

FIND CLUES
    Gather a pirate crew of up to four people. Starting at 8:00AM GMT, a new clue will be released every 3-4 hours over 3 days. Answers to these riddles could be anywhere, so look sharp. There are 15 fiendish puzzles to solve!

COMPLETE THE RIDDLE
    Enter each answer into one of the 15 blank spaces in the Passage. But you won’t be able to submit them until all 15 puzzles have been released, so keep track of your answers as you go.

ENTER YOUR TEAM
    When you have filled in all 15 answers in the Passage, submit your crew’s entry. The fastest crew in each region with all the correct answers will be invited to take part in an Ultimate Test - where one victorious crew will win the Golden Bananas!

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/the-quest

Head on over to this Youtube Channel for more.....

Watch the reveal here!

Views
  • @personalc0ffee I know, we're a bit behind but during Gamescom the discussion thread was amazing, with everyone discussing ideas and suggestions for the clues.

Good luck everyone!!

• This might be a wee bit of help for that first clue!

• @personalc0ffee said in Golden Banana Quest! - Cogitate, Discuss and Suggest in here!:

@katttruewalker Oh yes, this thread is going to get bananas.

Golden Bananas to be specific!

• This... is going to be difficult.

http://www.blog.thehoya.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/maddeningly-unhelpful-johnny-depp-gif.gif

• I hope in the end after a long and difficult journey, that the lesson that Rare wanted you to learn was that the Golden Bananas were inside you all along.

Followed by a dash to the local hospital.

• @personalc0ffee
    looks at strange scribble-scrabble on parchment
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QuarterlyFamousBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

Nope, that didn’t work

• Solved :)

How exciting!

• Good luck everyone, this is going to be fun!

• it is look like i'm the only one who couldn't get it, the game is under installing on my XBOX, so i didn't sail yet, and i don't think i can figure it out without sailing unless someone can be generous and tell me what is ht island which will start from.

• This is now the only thread I can hide in for the next 13hours to stay away from spoilers... Also I may have gone too far or not far enough for the first riddle, clue 2 will confirm that but I certainly have an answer :)

• thanks, and i believe it will be fun,

• Not long til the second riddle appears!

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/promotions/the-quest

• But is the answer the answer or another question!? My head hurts...

• It reads " I know the answer but I'm not actually allowed to tell you "
    hahaha
    Its something to do with flags though.

RETRACTED POST!..

• Walks the plank with cannonballs in boots*
  • My question still stands!

• Edit: removed quotes to remove spoiler. Enjoy folks.
    I'm so glad I got this before you took the fun out of it.

• @daveyjay1984 Agreed! Always has to be one.

• I know it has been solved (clue 1), but instagram blocked at work.
    Any chance folk can send through a screengrab or other sourced image that will load?

• @sshteeve Just look at the first reply to the post.

• @yoshirimitsu
    PersonalC0ffee's? Doesn't show anything for me.

All the other linked images are failing to load as well... might have to wait until home time! :'(

• @zenonfx Really?? Couldnt let people try and work it out maybe? Come on dude.

• Clue number 2 is not appearing? Anyone else?

• No clue for me

• @aprovoked-mango
    Agreed! Everyone....lets not give the answers please? Some might want to work it out themselves :)

• @sir-lancia
    I can't see it either. The timer is now back to saying 4 hours until the next clue

• @sir-lancia Thought I might have been mistaken, but am sure the countdown reset. No 2nd clue here either.

• Don't know if anyone remembers but we have seen Umbra before......

• @sir-lancia said in Golden Banana Quest! - Cogitate, Discuss and Suggest in here!:

Clue number 2 is not appearing? Anyone else?

Yeh clue number 2 is still showing as blank but the new timer is counting down.

• @sir-lancia No 2nd clue at 13h GMT in France

• Im still confused if the first clue should be input as deciphered or di we have to figure out which one that is?

• @atomichifi You write what you find in the clue 1 slot :)

• yes same here the time back to 3 hours!!!!

• @lizalaroo The map sales woman.... Maybe she has a map for us?... but this is just a passage?

Views
1 out of 621