Xbox Game Pass/PC?

• So I have asked this question on their twitter account and have yet to receive an answer so hopefully someone on here can help. If I purchase the Xbox Game Pass can I also play SOT on PC? or in doing that is is Xbox playable only? Thank You in advance!

Views
  • @roguearmy069
    Yes you can m8, all play anywhere titles on gamepass are able to be played on xbox & pc ;)

• @roguearmy069 Ahoy there!

Yup! The Game Pass works on PC for play anywhere titles - Sea of Thieves being one of them! You will however only be able to play the game on one device at a time using the same Gamertag, another member of the family can play at the same time if they have their own Gamertag.

• You have to own an Xbox, right?

• SWEET!! Thank you both for responding! I'm assuming once I purchase the game pass and the game is released I would just go to the Microsoft store to download it for the PC?

• @putricidio I would assume you would need an Xbox to purchase the game pass as it ties into your Xbox Gamer-tag. I have an Xbox One S, but want to play on PC. I just wanted to make sure if I purchased the game pass I would be able to play it on PC as it is an "play anywhere" title.

• @roguearmy069 Correct, the game will be Free to purchase to you due to you having game pass! (But you will have to wait for launch day to click purchase.)

• @roguearmy069 you don't need an Xbox to purchase game pass or use it. I have used game pass without it. You do need a Microsoft account though.

• @realbadhor5e dijo en Xbox Game Pass/PC?:

@roguearmy069 you don't need an Xbox to purchase game pass or use it. I have used game pass without it. You do need a Microsoft account though.

Can you explain how it's done, thank you very much in advance

• @roguearmy069 in all fairness in the long run its cheaper to buy the game rather than pay out for Xbox game pass but I suppose with the pass you get access to some other ok games

• @putricidio Ahoy!

You just need to buy this product below and you will then have Games Pass and all eligible titles for your platform will be available to you.

• @musicmee and this? "Xbox Gamepass FAQ = Can I use Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 10 PC?

Xbox Game Pass can only be used on Xbox One consoles"

• @Putricidio

As far as i know you can activate it for pc via this link
    (activates mine via xbox but i can play xbox play anywhere titles on win 10 aswell)

And otherwise just go to the xbox site and search for it there on the marketplace

Just sign in with the gamertag you want to use it for.

And if you can use the 14 day trail so you can test it first!

• @putricidio That is out of date... now Xbox have added some cross platform titles they can be used to get those specific titles.

• @putricidio all Microsoft purchases are tied to your Microsoft account.

I assume your windows 10 is tied to an account and not usuing a local account.

Even then you need a Microsoft account to buy the game and use Xbox live on pc. Use a Microsoft account/ outlook for Xbox live.

You can either buy game pass directly from Microsoft/xbox website.

Or, buy it elsewhere for cheaper and redeem the code on the xbox/Microsoft site. You would have to search where to redeem it as I forgot :P

Afterwards, all play anywhere titles and some titles that are on the windows store that are offered on game pass are playable on pc. Not sure why Microsoft doesn't market this more. Guessing they are waiting to build a PC game library before doing so.

• @roguearmy069 Yes, so long as the games you get on game pass are "Play anywhere" games you can get them on PC.

• @mushmellow-fox some games that are on the windows store that aren't play anywhere could be played through game pass. Depends on the specific game of course.

• @realbadhor5e Huh, I didn't know that. I know that game pass for SoT works fine as I have a cross play crew of Xb and PC. So that's about all the research I did into the matter.

Thanks for that, I'll remember it for future. :)

Views
15 out of 18