Heaphones

• As I'm tired of waiting and thinking about SOT at the moment I wanted to espouse my views on headphones.
    Most "Gamer's" talk about there Turtle Beach, Tritton's and ect. but there are actual headphones out there that offer amazing audio (Open/semi-open backed and closed) I get more "surround sound" than anything that ever advertised surround sound (there headphones lol not multiple speakers placed throughout your room.)
    Right now my favorite to use everyday for gaming is Philips SHP9500S HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones (Black.)

What are yours and why do you like them?

I love the Phillips because they're cheap enough i don't have to be delicate and the magnetic drivers offer good all around sound and the semi-open design fills my ears.

Views
  • @senilegold Astro A50s! Love them, super comfortable and so universal when it comes to switching games. Easily the best headphone purchase that i have made.

• Forgot to mention the worst part of having good headphones is with crisp mid-range if someone in your party is eating cereal you may start thinking homicidal thoughts.

• @call-blocked I almost bought them because of the great reviews but never did, i'm not an audiophile but I took their advice I bought Sennheiser HD 558 and Audio Technia something or others I love them all for different things.

• i use sennheiser 280 pro, I had audio technica mx50s for 6 years.

the sennheisers are really nice and well made, very comfortable and sound great

• @cpt-peach-beard I love the mx50s best Led Zeppelin I ever heard.

• I pre-ordered Lucidsound's LS35x pretty excited to get them even tho they come out after the 20th. They support Microsoft Sonic surround sound and dolby atmos . They also sync right up to your Xbox without needing a dongle or wires. Check it out LucidSound LS35X https://www.amazon.com/d*/B071JSYH33/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_dDkRAbM2AFYKD

• @dj-birdman86 have you used any other Headphones before? I've never used Bluetooth as I'm afraid of a quality drop from the 3.55 stereo.
    Edit: I just read it has both btw

• HyperX Cloud II, a really nice one for gaming.

• @senilegold I tired the Astro A20's I liked it just after wearing them for a hour or so started to hurt my head. Plus I felt the design was alittle kidish. It also had a few wires and a dongle. Still a great headset but the I think The ls35x will be better all around.

• Anyone tried the
    Arctis Pro + GameDAC Headphones?
    Got a a pair of broken but useable PC363Ds and looking for any advice. Love them 363s

• I'm perfectly happy with the Xbox One Stereo Headset.
    There are some niggles I have when it comes to the Windows Drivers., particularly like most Microsoft Microphones is you can't change the Sample Format and they use a Non-Standard Format.

This actually caused A LOT of issues with the Kinect v1.x and 2.x which both use 16bit 16KHz, which almost nothing supports... the Stereo Headset itself uses 16bit 24KHz.
    As most applications use 16bit 44/48KHz, this can pose an issue with those Applications that do not support Resampling.

In fact AMD ReLive crashes if I try to use Kinect with a Native Input, and just doesn't record anything using the Headset with Native Input.
    Still Voicemeeter is a free and simply solution to this as it resamples to a Standard Input Format.

Now this wouldn't bother me, but the Headset is actually perfectly capable of supporting a massive plethora of Formats (as can Kinect) when you take exclusive control and initialise with a usable format. Of course Audio Device Exclusive Mode comes with it's own "Quirks" which makes it less than ideal... it's why WDM Support is provided but isn't what Microsoft Recommends or Defaults to (instead it uses MME via WSAPI).

Still why they did this on PC is quite baffling, as I said both devices support all of the Standard Formats and thus should also use a more Standard Format.

The other niggle I have with it, is the Inline Controls (Game / Communication Balance, Mute, Volume Up / Down) only supports the Xbox One Controller. With no 3.5mm Pass-Through... which I guess makes sense because it's intended to provide said support for the 1st Gen Xbox One Controller that didn't have the Stereo 3.5mm Jack, but still having another cable that allowed for a Pass-Through to use it inline on say a Windows Mixed Reality Headset, or connected to the On-Board Audio Jacks or USB 2.0+ would've made a lot of sense to include.

Still for £30., it's pretty Solid and Good Quality, Comfortable and Aesthetically quite pleasing... to such a degree that similar Gaming Headsets you're looking double the price.

I'd also have appreciated a Surround (7.1 Compatible) version as opposed to relying on 7.1 Virtualised Surround via Sonic / Atmos. It's not that those are bad, not by any means... just Games that use Native Surround rather than 3D Audio don't always recognise Sonic / Atmos without being specifically enabled by Developers.

• Logitech G930...since years. Best quality wireless headset I know.

And the other thing you mentioned is a basic behavior users need to adapt to. If you have to eat or have snacks while the headphone is on, hit the "push to talk". Basically, you dont want your living room (wife, tv, kids...whatever) to be heard by others in the chanel.

Same if you play with maybe 20 people in a chanel as we do in StarCitizen for example. If the officers talk...your quiet no matter what you have to say.

A headset is a couple of bucks, common behavior is something you have, or dont. And if you dont have it, the headset can be expensive, no one will want you in their chanel ;)

• I've been using beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO's for the last 25 years. I use them for gaming, listening to music, music creation/mixing/mastering and video.

• @grand-atrocity those were announced less than a week or two ago. Not sure if anyone would have used them yet.

I picked up a pair of Arctis 7 a little under a month ago. They are extremely comfortable. I did not think I would like the ski style headband, but I was wrong. I am not sure it is my settings or not, but another game I play has the audio sounding like c**p, but everything else is great.

@Kustho I have used the G930 for years. Went through 4-5 pairs because the plastic screw cover on both ears kept breaking. I finally changed brands. The one above is what I picked up, but we shall see.

• 0_1521291247091_42347b87-1040-403f-a62c-16286d072fd1-image.png

• @doctor-n****e said in Heaphones:

I've been using beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO's for the last 25 years. I use them for gaming, listening to music, music creation/mixing/mastering and video.

DT 990s here too :D

Beyerdynmanic are prob some of the best headphones

• i use skull candy hesh 2.0 havent broke yet and for 5 bucks u get a 2 year warranty at best buy

• I'm using Playstation's Gold Headset ahaha. Have some good headphones but with no microphone

• I've been a turtle beach user for years and gone through lots of different versions of headsets. I like turtle beach's superhuman hearing feature when I play shooters and have just stuck with that brand since then. I am also a strange person and like my headset wired so I feel they have good features with wired headsets.

• My best pair are my Sennheiser HD 650s, but if I’m playing with friends that I want to talk with then I’ll just grab the Turtle Beach pair. The constant vocal requencies wears out my ears on the better pair for some reason. Could be my friends just have bad mics.

• Turtle Beach XO4 Stealth. Walmart $80, been using them for 2+ years now with no issues. Great sound and very durable

• @ghostpaw Yup I get such a short temper with it I need tell yell about the mute button, I would love to hear the 650 if the 558 sounds that good (mid range) I can't imagine what 650 sounds like.

• @zedyias @doctor-n****e I heard amazing things about DT 990, 25 years same set?

• They have some nice bass punch to them, and they're really comfortable can wear them for hours and hours unlike monitor headphones.

• @senilegold @Zedyias @Doctor-N****e Same thing! I use my DT 990 250 ohm special edition with Dolby Atmos. I also recently looked up a guide and modded them to have a detachable cable and now use a V-Moda boom pro instead of a sub-par Mod-mic.

• Currently switching between SteelSeries Siberia 840 and Sennheiser's new GSP 600.

• Here's my beauty ;)

• @logansdadtoo said in Heaphones:

Here's my beauty ;)

Beats mine!!

• I use my old Sennheiser HD 280 pro set from my studio.
    Funny enough, I didn't use headphones during any of the betas or tests, for some reason. When my wife was up, she was watching and/or playing as well, and then, when she sleeps, she can't hear it anyway. Still, if I was with a tighter crew, I might wear them to make sure there's zero playback when I talk (plus, so I can enjoy the full headphone sound experience).

• When it comes to buying a head set the most important questions are.

wired or wireless?
    compatibility? Do you own PC and PS4 and or Xbox and do you want one head set for all.

Then from there you can choose the best headset for what u need.

I use to own wireless TB PX5 and used it for PC, XBOX and PS3.
    I even purchased a switch so all I had to do was push a button to switch between PC, XBOX and PS3.

• Right now I'm using Turtlebeach X42 (old 360 headphones) on my PC. They are not too bad. But I definitely need an upgrade

I did manage to get in on the early bird preorder for Audeze Mobius on indiegogo. I cant wait for these to come out in June. They are better for PC gaming but can be used on consoles as well. They also are Bluetooth so you can use it on your cell. Possibly going to be the best headset everrrrr

There are still some left at a good discounted price (indiegogo: $259 vs. Retail: $399) if anyone is looking for an awesome new headset.

EDIT: Audeze Mobius Indiegogo

• Turtle Beach Stealth 700.
    Xbox One wireless headset.
    Usb cable to charge them.
    No wires from the headset to controller.
    Good sound quality.
    Windows sonic surround sound.

• @nastynative007 Personally I can't understand the argument for wireless. Convenience goes out the window when you factor in that you now need to charge batteries, sound is obviously not as good your dealing with loss somewhere and in a lossless world you can get interruption in your signal.
    I use my headphones in all my devices, I have adapter jacks cords with mics cords without and so on if your using a dac that isn't an issue ether.
    Only questions to me is how much you want to spend, what audio signature you enjoy for that activity, and whether you want open, semi or closed back.

• @senilegold or if you hear them vaping...

Views
1 out of 45