SoT region free?

• Hello,

Can I buy the game from US MS store and play it in Europe?
    In Europe the game costs 60 euros while in the US it's just 60 dollars.
    If I change my region in MS store, buy the game cheaper and then change back to my european region, will there be any problem?

Views
  • @shiwer1 70€ no ? I am also interested to know from a practical experience.

• @svetli97 No one robbed you lol. You might have been merely deceived, by a pirate game company ... what'd ye expect ? xD

• @ironuzuka ok I did the maths and I think that's just without the taxes. In the US they don't add the taxes to prices for some reason.

• @ant-heuser-kush said in SoT region free?:

@shiwer1 That's actually against the MS ToS. It's considered MS Store theft and will get you banned. If you pay the region price for a game because you bought the game in NA and paid $60 for it, fine. But if you try to manipulate the store so you can get a deal... that's a no no.

Can we get a quote on the ToS ? pretty please :D

• @shiwer1
    Yes the game is region free.
    But to purchase from an MS Store in a different region isn't as simple as changing your region! It will be declined at payment due to you being in the incorrect region!
    You have to purchase Xbox Store credit / gift cards in a different currency from a 3rd party retailer & then use those on the corresponding MS Store to purchase the game!

• @ant-heuser-kush
    It is not against the MS ToS m8. I have had this confirmed by an MS rep before, as i've purchased a few games this way & wanted to make sure i wouldn't get in trouble.
    You are still legally purchasing the licence direct from MS so are not breaking any rules.
    They may not like it too much (coz they lose a bit of profit) & try to make it awkward, but it is still within ToS ;)

• @ant-heuser-kush
    Yes, like i said they don't like you doing it because they lose a small amount of money, but it isn't breaking their ToS.
    Changing region a lot to get sale items or early releases, or to get different Games with Gold is different (as you are not actually 'purchasing' a licence), so they can get you in hot water!

Look at it like this - What if you had a relative that lived in another country. Every birthday & christmas they send you xbox credit in their currency. If it was against Xbox ToS, you wouldn't be able to spend that gift.

• @ant-heuser-kush
    I was just editing my post to include that as you replied!
    Yes, if you are constantly changing your region to purchase sale items, that may also get you into trouble, but full price releases you wont!

• @ant-heuser-kush Here is the thing.
    If I am sufficently affluent, I can, without "being frowned upon" hop on a cheap as dirt airline, fly to a region where it is cheaper, hook myself to the mobile network, buy the game at say, 50% off, and that is fine? Basically, if you are rich and stupid you can do it, and it is ok, but if your are poor and clever, you are "frowned upon" for using your head?
    If anything the only halfway decent argument against this is that you are not paying your government the VAT that is required to maintain a good trade balance.

Views
10 out of 11