This App cant be opened

• Well I have a problem, maybe you know a fix.
    Everytime when i open (or try to open it) theres a text appearing! It says

This app can't be opened
    In the Windows Store you will get more informations about "Sea of Thieves Final Beta"
    Show in Store
    Copy | Close

I did all i could... i reinstalled the game like 7 times :(

Views
  • @s**+-itsallgucci

• @lt-jd-fenix sagte in This App cant be opened:

@s**+-itsallgucci

I've pretty much tried everything they have send me! Nothing is working for me

• Bild Text
    This keeps popping up

• @s**+-itsallgucci I am not sure this is the cause, but could you check if these four Windows services are active?

IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Automatic (Trigger Start)
    IP Helper Automatic
    Xbox Live Auth Manager Manual
    Xbox Live Networking Service Manual

They appear in solution number four of this link:

I could not find the link in German.

If that does not help solve the issue, then contact the Support, maybe they can help you better:
    Raise a ticket (it may take a while to fully load)

• @el-espectro-0 sagte in This App cant be opened:

@s**+-itsallgucci I am not sure this is the cause, but could you check if these four Windows services are active?

IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Automatic (Trigger Start)
    IP Helper Automatic
    Xbox Live Auth Manager Manual
    Xbox Live Networking Service Manual

They appear in solution number four of this link:

I could not find the link in German.

If that does not help solve the issue, then contact the Support, maybe they can help you better:
    Raise a ticket (it may take a while to fully load)

Hmmm didn't fix my problem... I already wrote to the Support 2 hours ago there hasn't been anything new for another hour. So I' still waiting

• @s**+-itsallgucci Could you try this?

Reset the Windows Store
    You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

Step 1: Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.

Step 2: Click Start and type "wsreset", without quotes.

Step 3: Right-Click on the command and click "Run as Administrator". If the Windows permission box appears, click "Yes" or "Run".

Step 4: A black MS Dos screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.

Step 5: Search for Sea of Thieves Final Beta within the Microsoft Store and try to start the game from the store

Extracted from here:

You can also try creating a new Windows account and see if the game runs from there.

That is all I can think of that could help and I hope that some of what I mentioned works :)

• @el-espectro-0 sagte in This App cant be opened:

@s**+-itsallgucci Could you try this?

Reset the Windows Store
    You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

Step 1: Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.

Step 2: Click Start and type "wsreset", without quotes.

Step 3: Right-Click on the command and click "Run as Administrator". If the Windows permission box appears, click "Yes" or "Run".

Step 4: A black MS Dos screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.

Step 5: Search for Sea of Thieves Final Beta within the Microsoft Store and try to start the game from the store

Extracted from here:

You can also try creating a new Windows account and see if the game runs from there.

That is all I can think of that could help and I hope that some of what I mentioned works :)

Actually thank you very much for your ideas! But I've read them to late... I can fix the issue by installing a new version of Windows (hard reset) but everytime when i update i have to install a new Windows :( (or atleast that what it seems like)

• @s**+-itsallgucci That was what I was afraid of, but I preferred to try to give some less intensive solutions first. That message usually appears when I start Windows in safe mode to update AMD drivers. That is why I think it can be a Windows problem.

Have you tried the sfc /scannow command in the CMD as an administrator?
    alt text

That should scan the system for errors.

If the problem persists and Rare support can not help (because it may not be a game problem), then try with Microsoft support.

• please help
    im having this problem right now after the last update
    cant find any fix .
    this is my first time getting this problem sins i started the game when it was released .
    should i uninstall the game and download it a again ?

• Had the same problem, tried everything. And then i just reset my windows with saving my data but removing apps. Did it for me, its a hassle to get ur programs back up and games but meh ur clean aswell. So win win and abit of meh but it worked, go me!

• @sloompie What do you mean by resetting my windows?

• @systemlord241 Like when u put on a fresh windows u can do that in system recovery. But u lose all ur installed apps, games and programs. But u have a fresh windows u can choose to save ur personal files like photo's etc.

• @sloompie Thanks, though I'd rather not do something that drastic. What about System Restore?

• @systemlord241 Yeah that was my first try, it failed 3 times. So i needed to go "drastic" :D

• @sloompie I ended up uninstalling the app. It works now.

Views
10 out of 16