Sea Of Thieves Crashing after splash screen

• Hello! Yesterday I tried to open the game and it went fine, the kiwibeard error as usual but now I'm facing that just after opening the game and seeing the splash screen the game just closes... I don't have a good internet download so I can't download it again, there's any solution for this? Thank you in advance.

Views
  • I'm experiencing the same issue on the PC version.
    I got the update this morning.

• I don't have the source for this anymore, but found this once on Reddit, which worked for me:

• Open "Services" from Windows Start Menu
    • Start the service "Windows Push To Install"

I hope I got this right from my memory.

EDIT: This is the source on Reddit

• Have you guys checked for an update since the servers went live or just when you initially got your updates yesterday? If you haven't checked again, I would just in case.

• same issue, game closes as it starts I try uninstall/ reinstall by now, didn't have this issue hours ago while waiting for the beta to open...

• Ahoy there!

Another simple fix that sometimes solves this issue is by installing a free app from the Windows store then trying again...

• @greenwarfare423 I don't know if this was the solution or reinstalling Xbox insider app, but this worked! Thank you very much!

P.D: The service is called Windows Install

• @musicmee a dit dans Sea Of Thieves Crashing after splash screen :

Ahoy there!

Another simple fix that sometimes solves this issue is by installing a free app from the Windows store then trying again...

Good, it's work for me, thx :)

• @greenwarfare423 Thanks for the service tip. It worked for me.

• @metalix64 sagte in Sea Of Thieves Crashing after splash screen:

@musicmee a dit dans Sea Of Thieves Crashing after splash screen :

Ahoy there!

Good, it's work for me, thx :)

I think this might be connected to the "Windows Install Service", which is probably started when you install a MS app. Can you get into the game when you reboot your PC with the service then (probably) being stopped again?

• @greenwarfare423 I believe it is also... it seems to keep the service active after a reboot. Not sure if it was set to disabled or manual before and this switches it to automatic.

• @oo-kiwibeard-oo Please upvote my post then, so others can find it more easy.

• A friend of mine tried all the solutions above, yet it still crashes. Any idea?

• @calitzu Get them to take a look at the following guides... lots of info there...

• @musicmee I'll report as soon as he tries all the options listed here, thanks!

• Sadly, no, the game still crashes, he's proceeding with uninstalling the game and reinstalling.

• @calitzu That is also what my next step is. I have exhausted the 4 steps and still seeing the crash.

• @greenwarfare423 THANK YOU MY DUDE ♥

• Hehehe... A splash screen for a game with ships... Does it stop you getting wet?
    On a side note, I'm sorry you had this problem.

• @xzeenos You're welcome! Hope we'll not run into this for the launch on Tuesday.

• @oo-kiwibeard-oo I am having this issue to how do i fix?

• @greenwarfare423 THIS WORKED THANK YOU

• @greenwarfare423 said in Sea Of Thieves Crashing after splash screen:

I don't have the source for this anymore, but found this once on Reddit, which worked for me:

• Open "Services" from Windows Start Menu
    • Start the service "Windows Push To Install"

I hope I got this right from my memory.

EDIT: This is the source on Reddit

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been uninstalling and reinstalling the game for 3 weeks straight EVERYDAY. I finally got fed up and even reinstalled Windows just to find it doing the same thing! This only happens on my laptop and home PC but my side PC at my friends house never had the problem. My suspicions were right on though. I said it HAS to be something with the windows store or the xbox app. That installer service worked like a charm. Thanks again! YARRRR AHOY!!!!!

Views
1 out of 24