how to creating the water shader ?

• anyone from the dev team care to share a in-depth video on how to create the material shader for the water ? ;)

Views
  • creating your own detailed game are we? I hope someone responds!

• @zz-wipeout-zz I hope you get an answer matey, might be best to use the "Ask question" option in the support section.

But i believe the water effects of the game are Rares own IP so i doubt they will give away any off there inhouse secrets aha. If memory serves it took them a couple of years to make the games water. :)

• I'm not dev or anything like that but I have to admit I'm very curious about how they made the water, especially how it disappear inside the ships (cuz if it's made of polygons it should go througt the ship 3D model) and all. It's so amazing that I want to understand!

• @k7-issues said in how to creating the water shader ?:

creating your own detailed game are we? I hope someone responds!

haha yep. im making a pirate scene and loved the water from sea of thieves thought it would fit right in.

@knifelife said in how to creating the water shader ?:

@zz-wipeout-zz I hope you get an answer matey, might be best to use the "Ask question" option in the support section.

But i believe the water effects of the game are Rares own IP so i doubt they will give away any off there inhouse secrets aha. If memory serves it took them a couple of years to make the games water. :)

yea maybe, just i seen that microsoft are sharing the water shader with PUBG so kinda hoping they will 1 day make it public or atleast sell it on the unreal engine marketplace lol
    source : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/09/08/sea-of-thieves-is-sharing-its-amazing-water-tech-with-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

• @zz-wipeout-zz said in how to creating the water shader ?:

@k7-issues said in how to creating the water shader ?:

creating your own detailed game are we? I hope someone responds!

haha yep. im making a pirate scene and loved the water from sea of thieves thought it would fit right in.

@knifelife said in how to creating the water shader ?:

@zz-wipeout-zz I hope you get an answer matey, might be best to use the "Ask question" option in the support section.

yea maybe, just i seen that microsoft are sharing the water shader with PUBG so kinda hoping they will 1 day make it public or atleast sell it on the unreal engine marketplace lol
    source : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/09/08/sea-of-thieves-is-sharing-its-amazing-water-tech-with-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

That's not really "Sharing".

"thanks to Bluehole Inc.'s partnership with Microsoft"

• @zz-wipeout-zz Ahh yeah, i saw that article a few months ago. I don't believe it's happening though.

• @zz-wipeout-zz
    I made it! haha

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/24794/couldn-t-quite-replicate-rare-awesome-water

• @zz-wipeout-zz Nice try, Thief of Seas developer! 😆

• @thejolirouge I would look into something called stencil buffer. you can make the water not render inside the ship (although there would stimm be polygons there)

Views
9 out of 10