What is your favorite Pirate Movies, Games or Shows?

• I just finished watching the show Black Sails and it was magnificent. I would recommend anyone check it out if you don't mind nudity and some minor gore.
    I also love Pirates of the Caribbean, at least the first 3 I should say. Those movies are what originally got me into pirates altogether. Along with the movies, the Disney MMO was great before it closed down.

Views
  • Initially, I enjoyed the Black Sails series... but it ended poorly in my opinion. I cannot, personally, recommend it for (in the end) it is merely representative of the failed state of western movie making/media (which is fully pushing their globalist agenda)

• @scurvytyphus yet it is one of the best end of serie, between all series

• @sidious8888 I really agree with you there. I love that twist ending!

• @lukiandarkblade For me one of the best pirate movies would be "Pirates" of Roman polanski (1986 it dates a bit), for the film a real gallion was built "The Neptune", the construction required no less than 2,000 workers. After almost two years of work, the galleon is finally completed for a total cost of $ 8,000,000, it was insured for $ 30,000,000 too (it is now visitable in Italy).

• @sidious8888 Wow, I'm going to look into that.

• Let's see... The Pirates of the Caribbean movies, 'The Pirates: In an Adventure with Scientists', 'Black Sails', 'Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas' and finally 'Disney's Treasure Planet'.

• @captainzartooth I forgot about Treasure Planet. That was a good one.

• Black sails is awesome, this movie isn’t really a pirate movie but it is about sailing, Master and Commander: the far side of the world. Really good movie.

• Believe it or not, I still play around with the original pirate game...Sid Meirs Pirates!

• "Pirates of Darkwater" cartoon series from the 90s☠

• @touchdown1504 said in What is your favorite Pirate Movies, Games or Shows?:

Believe it or not, I still play around with the original pirate game...Sid Meirs Pirates!

I freakin' love that game!

• For movies I belive that any pirate lover must watch: "The Crimson Pirate", and "Master and Commander: the far side of the world".
    For Games "Monkey Island".

• Assassins Creed Black Flag was good :)
    I also enjoyed Black Sails.
    But, I can't really think of many pirates themed shows I've seen. They don't seem to be all that common now days.
    There seems to be more books about pirates than most other forms of media.

• @lukiandarkblade I really like Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag because just sailing on the sea was what made it really stand out from the other Assassins Creed games up to that point.

• For me I like pirate of the carribean and also loved monkey island on the pc and played puzzle pirates online. But sea of thieves is deffo my fave pirate game hehe.

• Black Sails is my fav as far as "realistic" pirate stuff. Otherwise, POTC is decent, for what it is.

Fav Pirate game?

https://gfycat.com/AcrobaticMelodicCockerspaniel

Sid Meier's Pirates!

• Movie: The Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3
    Serie: Black Sails or Vikings(kinda pirates)
    Game: Patrician I-III an Sid Meier's.... But now SoT!!

• My Favorites.

Pirate Movie: Pirates Of The Caribbean - It's Mythical.

Pirate Game: The Tales Of Monkey Island - It's freaking hilarious!!! (from 20th march, it will be SoT, Obviously!!!)

Pirate Shows: Black Sails - It's Absolute Gorgeous and well thought.

Pirate Shows (anime/Cartoon) - One Piece - Buggy-Sama!

• @sidious8888 Roman Polanski was a very sick man

• Pirate show/anime-One Piece
    Pirate book- Tresure Island
    Pirate movie-Tresure Planet

Views
20 out of 21