Language

• With the Scale Test and it´s translation, I now see how much i liked the english version of the game. So will there be the option at release to change my region-locked language into antother language I prefer?

Views
    question
  • @wartv I think on PC it's based on your system language, so you could change that (temporarily, if need be). On Xbox probably the same.

• You have to change you system language, that's it, if you see the xbox app in english the game will launch in english.

• I would appreciate an option to change the language ingame.

• @wartv I agree !
    I'm french and really would like to choose the language of the game. Sometimes I prefer to play in french and sometimes I prefer in english, especially when I play in multi with other players in the world.

• @wartv said in Language:

With the Scale Test and it´s translation, I now see how much i liked the english version of the game. So will there be the option at release to change my region-locked language into antother language I prefer?

If it is technically possible, I suggest devs allow changing language on the fly inside the game. This game depends a lot on the players being able to resolve riddles, and when something doesn't seem to go as expected it really helps to switch to the "native" english version of the riddle be sure that nothing was lost in the translation. At the very least, it makes me feel I'm not wasting my time trying to solve something that maybe it is not possible to solve because of a bad translation.

Example of this kind of translation problem: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/31378/epic-translation-error-for-the-spanish-language-in-the-stress-test

• Yeah, I'm really hoping there is an option to change language once the game is released.

• An ingame language change would be nice it's a mess when 3 ppl who all have other native languages need to retranslate riddles into english

• i didnt had the chance to test... but if iam playing in my language with someone else in his/her language. The riddles are written in 2 languages then, right?

What happen if i show the Riddle paper in my language to him? He see it in his language or in mine?

• @bezy96 He/She sees it in their language.

• @el-espectro-0 said in Language:

@bezy96 He/She sees it in their language.

Thx... i was really wondering about.

Views
question
1 out of 11