Sea of Thieves for Windows 10 PC - Let's talk about Specs!

• @logansdadtoo

I've got:

i7700k (OC to 4.56GHz)
    GTX 970
    16GB RAM
    Game lays on HDD (WD Black)
    Settings are on Legendary for 1080p and I have stable 70fps

If it cyn help you stay on that 60fps :)

I'm playing on a 165hz monitor so I'm looking forward to reach atleast 120-144fps
    Not sure to buy a GTX 1060 6GB edition or wait for Nvidia Volta.. still, playable on 70fps and looks decent (the water is truly amazing!)

• @destrolock13 I should wait because the prices of video cards now. I want to buy a GTX 1180 because I want to play in 4k. These cards (1080 Ti) are €1000+ now :/

• @gulpee-rex
    Yep so better wait for Volta to arrive, Hopefully Nvidia doesnt really wait until mining died completely (they mentioned it somewhere once, and I hope it's not true)
    Calculated with the benchmarks from the Titan V (which is not a GTX Gaming Card) Performance improvements to my GTX 970 will be above 300% So I'm looking forward to Volta. maybe smashing those high prices

• @destrolock13 I heard about Nvidia Volta, Ampere and Turing. I hope miners will be unable to mine coins with gaming video cards.

• Hello,

Some feedback if you care to read,

My specs:

• I7-3770
    • Msi gtx 1080 gaming x
    • 16g ram (ddr3 1600)
    • Samsung SSD 840 Evo
    • Acer 144hz 24''(GN2 46HL)

No overclocking.

Last Stress test I played in mythical (1080p) and I did not drop below 60fps. Most of the time, I have between 60 and 90 on big islands and outposts, anywhere else I get above 100 and I often get above 120 at sea.

As far as I can tell, different settings offer little visual difference on land and objects, except in terms of shadows and lightning effects, but there is a huge difference in terms of texture and rendering between common and rare as far as water settings are concerned.

Also to note : I played on a gtx 960 gaming 2g with an i5-2400 and 8gigs of ram during the close beta, and I had to lower all settings but water to common in order to get what seemed to be the best compromise at nearly constant 60 fps and nice looking water, which I thought was fairly decent.

I hope that more tweaking options will be added for pc users.

Cheers,

• @khaleesibot Cheers to the developers as I am running on cursed settings on a laptop (i7-5500U @2.4GHz with 8GB of ram) with a stock Intel Graphics Chip. It is running 540p at I would guess 30fps. It actual looks and runs way better than that might sound. And I have been playing since the big Alpha test and they have clearly been improving how the water looks at the cursed level. In the beginning the water peaks were rough white triangles. Was ok, but I expected it. But each new session I played it got a little better each time. On this last scale test the water looked the best it ever has been on my unit. No more triangles, you get the spritz of water on the peaks, the water has a translucent look to it, there is that subtle sea foam as well. I cannot believe how much they improved it. Thanks a lot as we will have several players in the house playing and we will need to use just about every available PC at home and most will run the game no problem.

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7500 @ 3.40GHz 33 °C
    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (15-15-15-35)
    Motherboard
    MSI B250M GAMING PRO (MS-7A65) (U3E1) 31 °C
    Graphics
    LG IPS FULLHD (1920x1080@60Hz)
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ASUStek Computer Inc) 32 °C
    Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (SATA) 27 °C
    Optical Drives
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-219RS
    Audio
    Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

What should i run my settings on?