Sea of Thieves for Windows 10 PC - Let's talk about Specs!

• We know you've been waiting for this for a long time, so get ready as our PC Design Lead Ted has gone in depth on the confirmed PC specs in our article here:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/lets-talk-about-specs

And because we love you so much here's a lovely image to help you understand things a little better

alt text

Views
  • I love specs and love talking about specs. 🤗

• I love it as it allows the game to be played all across the board. No one is left out.

Unless you have a 1990's computer still.

• @canadianmuscle3 Yup, doesn't seem to work with my old Pentium 3 machine... back to Theme Park!

• @khaleesibot Looks like I'll be enjoying the game at its highest settings! Woohoo! That's not a big surprise as every game I own is set to their highest settings, but its good to know that's for sure :).

• Does it support SLI though :D

• Going to buy a new build later this year so I can play Sea of Thieves on 4k @ 60fps. Can't wait!!

• i5 2600k @ 3.3GHz
    16 GB Ram
    GeForce GTX660 Ti (3gb)
    120gb SSD
    medium-high settings
    1080p 30-60fps

Can get between 30-60 fps depending on amount of action etc (always a steady 60fps at sea) & it looks fine, easily runs as well, if not slightly better than the xbox :)

• i5 4690 ,
    8 Gb ram,
    Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II OC,
    HDD 7200rpm

I'm "Rare" :D :D

p.s I also have Xbox One S ...

• @khaleesibot Yes seems like i got the specs required for 1080p 60fps! And over.

• I've looked into it but like it suggests Ultra settings (4K Mythical)
    and the very different sounding, Medium (1080p Rare)

All Im wondering if is the 1080p and 4K is the only difference between running at Ultra over Medium spec.

My Rig:
    Windows 10 (Ann 1607)
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    16GB RAM
    Direct X 11
    VRAM 8GB
    GPU - Asus 1060GTX Rog Strix
    HDD - 2TB SSHD Hybrid drive
    I really want to run this game at it's highest potential on my 144Hz monitor @60FPS but 4K isn't something that really matters to me.

• In the beta i was able to maintain a stable 60 fps in 900p rare settings in sea, in land somewhere around 55-45 with my 1050gtx and i3 6100 8gbs ram.
    Will it become harder to run after launch?

• I'm bad for this, could someone tell me what it would look like on my pc?
    CPU = intel core i7 - 2600 CPU 3.40GHz 3.70GHz
    RAM = 8 GB
    VRAM = 2 GB
    CPU = Nvidia Geforce GTX 710

Everything else I do not understand.

• @lightning-yata Ahoy there! Possibly around 1080P 30FPS...

• I run it at 30-50 FPS at Medium-High settings. I should note that loading an island takes time and I often stop my ship next to a pile of s**t.

GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060
    VRAM - 3GB
    CPU - AMD Athlon X4 750K Quad Core
    8 GB Ram

• @musicmee
    Thanks, I expected 60 fps but I do not think XD

• @lightning-yata There's always a chance... it's always worth trying it when you get a chance. Good luck matey!

• GT630 2GB
    i7 3770
    16GB

I've been running it at 720p common settings.
    When I'm fighting skelly battles it's at 6fps.
    When I'm chillin' watching the sunset, I know life is good when I hit double figures and get 11fps. 👍

It looks beautiful and I'm very much enjoying it thank you Rare! 🍻

• wil there be inprovments between closed beta and launch? i played at 4k 60fps on ultra and stil had huge framedrops
    ryzen 1600x
    1080ti
    16gb

• @khaleesibot
    mmm specs!

• I can confirm that the closed beta ran on my surface pro3, albeit on cursed settings I was able to connect through the xbox app and play during lunch at work with my brother on his xbox. The gameplay was pretty smooth although the waves weren't nearly as pretty.

• I need some help figuring this out.

Could my Toshiba Laptop with AMD-A8-3250M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4CPUs), ~1.6GHz handle the Sea of Thieves?

I'm about to put some money in a new laptop but perhaps this one could still help me out at March 20th.

• Im happy about the SoT specs :) I can play with no worries on 1080p/60 fps. I thought i needed at least a GTX 1070

• I7 6700K.
    ASUS Maximus IX Hero.
    ASUS ROG STRIX 1080.
    16GB RipJaws 3200.

A few people asked about my audio setup, here it is:
    RODE Procaster Mic.
    Yamaha MG10XU Mixer.
    Cloud CL1 Mic lifter.
    DBX 286s Vocal Processor.

• SPECS :P

• https://www.amazon.com/d*/B01N4BMMJK?ref_=pfb_i0ah1jd6hcd3hejjci4k3f0il5h&tag=hydfbook0e-20&ascsubtag=pfb-P01-V01-A-O3-X66-LO-M5X27Q

would this be a good computer for this game?

• Is it possible to have specs for 2k resolution ?

• why no DX12?

• I'm curious what specs you would need for 720p at 60fps though.

• @lightning-yata itll run, but upgrade that card, thats a stinker

• @cheatingpirate it'd be fine, should run decent at the screens resolution

• AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
    8GB ram
    gtx 770

• Asus Rampage V Edition 10 Mobo (OH YEAH BABY!!!)
    Intel 6850K 4.4 (H320 x2)
    G.Skill 32gb F4-3200C14D-32GTZKO (XMP)
    Asus Strix 1080 O8G (no longer avail)
    Samsung SM951 M.2
    Asus ROG PG279Q 165Hz IPS (1440p)
    x2 - Samsung UE590 (4k 60hz)

No matter the resolution or monitor used, the game ran flawless with no frame drops on Mythical.

• @kruqnut
    I plan that, but I do not have much money, I'm from Mexico and to whom the PC components are expensive.

First I want to save money to buy a bigger SSD, because for now I only have a 60 GB SSD and that's a headache.

Views
1 out of 42