System Requirements for Sea of Thieves - PC Gamer

• In order, here are its recommended, minimum, and the game's aforementioned below-spec 540p settings.

Cruise liner (1080p @60 fps)

CPU: Intel i5 4690 @3.5ghz or AMD FX-8150
    RAM: 8GB
    DirectX: 11
    VRAM: 4GB
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 380x
    Modern GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD RX 470
    HDD: 60GB 7.2k RPM
    Graphics settings: Medium ("Rare" in-game)

Bayliner (720p @30fps)

CPU: Intel Q9450 @2.6ghz or AMD Phenom II
    RAM: 4GB
    VRAM: 1GB
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 or AMD Radeon 7750
    Modern GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1030 or AMD R7 450
    HDD: 60GB 5.4k RPM
    Graphics settings: Low ("Common" in-game)

Bin liner (540p @30fps)

CPU: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 or Intel Iris 540
    RAM: 4GB
    VRAM: 1GB
    GPU: Integrated
    Modern GPU: Integrated
    HDD: 60GB 5.4k RPM
    Graphics settings: Minimum ("Cursed" in-game)

Views
  • @katttruewalker
    I can confirm the 1080p 30fps settings, my pc is slightly better than the spec listed for that & mine does fluctuate between 30-60fps.
    Runs lovely for a dinosaur pc :)

• @katttruewalker Woohoo! 1080P @ 60FPS for gameplay and I can bump it up to 4K @ 30FPS for those beautiful screenshots. :)

• How about 4K players ? :D

Staf'

• @stafylocok There's a screenshot that shows you what 4k people should have. It's blurry but readable.

• Looking good :)

• How important and how much focus have you guys put on optimization?
    We designed our play session lab to sport a different device in each booth, we'd organically perform compatibility testing without realizing it.
    We've got great partnerships with AMD, NVIDIA and Intel. Every two weeks we have a call with each of them individually, they get regular builds of the games so they can update their drivers, we've had this partnership for two years.

One of the big things the PC community is going to be saying is, why is this locked to the Windows 10 Microsoft Store?
    Why is this not coming to Steam?

What we do get from the Microsoft Store is that we only have to build the game once. We build one game, and it works across the whole Xbox platform, including Windows 10. That allows us to build one set of achievements, one set of multiplayer services, one sec of min specs and everything between there and ultra. Of course, then you've got the cross-play that brings, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox Game Pass. It literally ties everything together.

Of course, we could put the game on Steam, but then we'd have to do unique work for those other platforms and their systems. The way the APIs work, the voice chat systems would have to work differently.

We engaged PC gamers very early on.... ....We had 25,000 responses, and we prioritized those features in the order of which was most important to them. We've never built a PC game before, so it was important for us to work that bit harder to really prove that we know what we're doing. If Bethesda make a PC game, everyone's like, "yep, they know how to make a PC game, they've done it for the last 20 years." Whereas Rare, who have made N64 games, who have never made a PC game – and that audience is not going to just give us credibility, we have to earn it.

Having that extra pressure, on us, that we need to prove ourselves, really makes us want to deliver above and beyond expectations.

On the topic of cross-play
    What considerations do you have to make building the PC version for people who do have an advantage turning with a mouse, without sacrificing accuracy, for example? How does Sea of Thieves balance that against slower turning console controller players?

We found that PC players did have a 4.5% advantage in skeleton killing. We took that as our initial data set.

We began looking at our shooting mechanics. We decided it was silly that when you fire a bullet, it actually hits immediately. When you fire a bullet, it should arc, it should have a trial and have a particle effect that carries it. These are pirate weapons from hundreds of years ago, they're not AK47s or M16s.

When we started talking about inputs, like you say, the mouse can turn quicker. We figured since we have a mouse sensitivity slider, we need to enable that for controllers as well. Same for the field of view (FoV) slider.

• Larger graphic link:

• Sea of Thieves System Requirements @ 1080p/30fps
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7 GHz or AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB System Memory
    GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
    GPU: GeForce GTX 660/GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or Radeon R9 270/Radeon RX 460
    HDD: 60GB Available Hard Drive Space (7200RPM)
    API: DirectX 11

Sea of Thieves System Requirements @ 4K/30fps
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8150 3.6 GHz
    RAM: 16 GB System Memory
    GPU RAM: 8 GB Video Memory
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti/GeForce GTX 1070 or Radeon RX Vega 56
    HDD: 60GB Available Solid State Storage (SSD)

Sea of Thieves Ultra System Requirements @ 4K/60fps
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.6 GHz
    RAM: 16 GB System Memory
    GPU RAM: 8 GB Video Memory
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or Radeon RX Vega 64
    HDD: 60GB Available Solid State Storage (SSD)

https://www.game-debate.com/news/24537/sea-of-thieves-system-requirements-live-up-to-the-promise-of-running-on-integrated-graphics

• So I'm curious to hear from other people, I'm rocking a 1080Ti with 16 gb of ram and a i7-6700k on an SSD. According to this, i should be able to run at native 4k at 60fps. I game at 1440p, but still seem to be stuck at like 70 fps. I feel like if 4k can be achieved at 60 fps for my setup, then i should get a lot more fps than I'm getting. Not that 70 is bad, but....enough is never enough

• I ran on Mythical no problems no lag no frame loss.

I5-7500
    1060 3gb SSC
    16 GB ram

• @Taydoge-Swift Rare's screwed something up somewhere in the graphics department. I run FULLSCREEN (though it's not a true fullscreen, Rare made it borderless windowed) at Mythical with my resolution at 3480 x 2160 and I capped out at 60fps even though I was set to unlocked frames for the 'beta'. If I want to see 70fps I have to switch over to WINDOWED mode. Which is completely backwards of how it's supposed to work if I'm supposedly running in fullscreen. Fullscreen is when the maximum amount of resources are supposed to be dedicated to running a game and thus should impart far better performance than in windowed mode where the resources are being split between running the game and anything in the background that can be quickly switched to.

I don't have this issue with any other game I run at 4k. Just Sea of Thieves.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1709 (Build 16299.125)
    OS Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    Non-Steam Game Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3TB SATA6Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD
    Processor: AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.0Ghz
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX w/ UEFI BIOS
    Memory: 32GB G.SKILL Ares Series (4x8GB) 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM 1866 (PC3 14900)
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080 F*W 8GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Driver Version: 390.65
    Display, Primary: ASUS PB287Q 4K (3840 x 2160)
    Display, Secondary: ASUS VS247 (1920 x 1080)

• @daimyo-dorima yeah, when I run on windowed, I get my 140fps. Alright. Wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me!! I thought it seemed odd

• @Taydoge-Swift I'm running 3440x1440 with 1080 and i7 4790k with 16GB RAM, I'm mostly running at 70 as well but it's not very stable. I get heavy dips when on various islands, going between 40-50 and 60fps with Fullscreen according to the Performance Counter, even though I have everything set to Legendary except for Water Detail at Mythical. Not sure what's going on.

Views
1 out of 14