Brig, what the hell?????

• A game where having a mic is key to having fun and being able to play it, you join a team of absolute (Mod Edited) where you are the only one with a mic and they all vote you into the Brig, (Mod Edited) Rare?
    Are you guys just as (Mod Edited) as the players who play this without a mic?

I was considering buying this, but who of sound mind would buy a game where you get locked up in a freaking jail cell by your OWN crew just because you have a mic...

I'd rather buy No Man's Sky, play solo and not use a mic then play this in it's current state.

Views
  • @almighty0turtle

Wow. You should probably try and find better adjectives to use otherwise you will be largely ignored or have people not take your critiques and opinions seriously.

I understand being frustrated being thrown in the brig for seemingly no reason. However, it doesn't take that long to leave a crew that clearly doesn't want to play with you and reconnect with a new crew that is using mics and will be more fun anyways. If anything, they were doing you a favor. But calling Rare a bunch of "r*****s" just makes you look like the fool. Also makes me wonder if perhaps the crew threw you in the brig because you were shouting stuff like that into their ears and they just didn't want to hear your unintelligible ranting. Can't say I'd blame them if that were the case.

• @Global-Moderators

• I noted in another brig thread that my friend was sent to the brig many many times when she played. Each team that sent her there did NOT use coms.
    She thought it was just bad luck and coincidence but im pretty sure its either players with different languages all playing together on discord etc and trying to get rid of the outsider or its a group of rl friends doing the same.
    Either way brig is going to be a game killer if not fixed before launch.
    Imagine hundreds of 11 year olds with the ability to send the only grown up to a time out.....bad news.

• @almighty0turtle Hello mate, I am sorry that you came across a negative experience with the brig. Unfortunately there are a lot of 3-man crews that don’t want a 4th player and are using the brig mechanic as a way to stay as 3. This is something Rare is aware of and addressed over a week ago in their podcast that due to the community’s feedback they are adding a 3-man crew option to the game which should greatly reduce the brig abuse that we’re seeing now.

Also as a side note, swearing, name calling, or otherwise offensive language is not tolerated on the forums and as such has been removed from your post. Please abide by this going forward or further action will be taken.

@Hotel-Actual The Global Moderators tag does not work due to abuse in the past, if there’s an issue that needs addressing please use the Deckhands tag instead.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi I doubt this will solve the issue. Some are doing it just because they can and nothing to do with 3 crews members. They are having fun being cruel to others and ruining their gaming experience. This is going to ruin SOT in the long term if its not addressed.

• @devilcorpsdoc They're also going to be making changes to the actual Brig mechanic aside from allow 3 player crews.

• @devilcorpsdoc How would you address it in that case? Get rid of it altogether and be stuck with a 4th crew member that’s abusive and you and your friends have to leave to find another match? Or would you impose a time limit, a kick option?

• Having a 3 man group still won’t solve anything if you really think about it since I can join that one with a friend so we have 2 people and one random we still can lock them up in the brig the best way is to have friends to play with or use LFG

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@devilcorpsdoc How would you address it in that case? Get rid of it altogether and be stuck with a 4th crew member that’s abusive and you and your friends have to leave to find another match? Or would you impose a time limit, a kick option?

Vote for [name] to walk the plank?

Kicks them from the ship and when they swim to a mermaid they teleport to a sloop?

• @hotel-actual So the answer is to force them to play alone?

That doesn't sound like a good solution.

• @blue-reloaded said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@hotel-actual So the answer is to force them to play alone?

Forcing someone who is "rude and abusive to your friends" to play alone isn't fair to you?

• @grandmasterlynx said in Brig, what the hell?????:

Having a 3 man group still won’t solve anything if you really think about it since I can join that one with a friend so we have 2 people and one random we still can lock them up in the brig the best way is to have friends to play with or use LFG

good luck effectively running a galleon with 2 men.

• @hotel-actual said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@blue-reloaded said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@hotel-actual So the answer is to force them to play alone?

Forcing someone who is "rude and abusive to your friends" to play alone isn't fair to you?

Like the brig, I just see that being abused as well.

• @th4tdudeth0 said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@grandmasterlynx said in Brig, what the hell?????:

Having a 3 man group still won’t solve anything if you really think about it since I can join that one with a friend so we have 2 people and one random we still can lock them up in the brig the best way is to have friends to play with or use LFG

good luck effectively running a galleon with 2 men.
    I’m saying to the people they hate being locked in the brig what’s stopping 2 people joining a 3 man ship and kicking the 3rd in the brig

You say good luck running a 3 person ship I had done that with the 4 player ship

So no matter what size ship you want as long as you have the 51% you can lock anybody in the brig

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi I wish I knew the answer to that but ive played three matches today. Ive been locked away 3 times, and the 2nd group they left and some others spawned in, and i played and then they disappeared and a new crew spawned in and they locked me away and ive been in the brig for an hour, for no reason. i messaged them and they wont respond back. so ive been sitting here collecting gold. is this fun? does this make me want to spend money on it? the simple answer is no. Sure i could quit and join another crew but why, the same thing keeps happening eventually so why bother. Do i want to go though the hassle of LFG, why should i the game has matchmaking built in. I shouldnt have to jump through hoops to enjoy this game but i should of known with games like GTA online, or ARK that you make a sand box games, people are going to find a way to ruin all the fun. I dont know why I thought this game would be any different, oh well probably all of the marketing did but i should know better.

• @grandmasterlynx

If you can run a galleon with 2 people then props, but I don't see that happening often enough for it to cause a problem. Most 2 person parties will be on sloops.

• @blue-reloaded

It's completely acceptable to kick a random player from a group session of friends.

There's no detriment to finding another crew if your previous one want to play a game they purchased with their friends.

This whole "how dare I be expected to spend 60 seconds finding a new game so a game I joined can have their friend play with them, which I joined by happenstance because at this time the game doesn't allow invite only crews"

Is so immature and entitled.

I reload the game if people aren't using mics, literally minimal effort to do so.

• I like the brig, but do believe it gets abused (guilty of it myself). Our group usually lets the Gen Pop hang about until they do something foolish - we had one fellow sail off without us, what's that about? Anyway, not sure how to fix the abuse, but I'm liking the idea of 1, 2, 3, and 4 man crew options.

• @th4tdudeth0 said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@grandmasterlynx

If you can run a galleon with 2 people then props, but I don't see that happening often enough for it to cause a problem. Most 2 person parties will be on sloops.

I’m not saying that’s what I want I’m just saying whoever has more players in their group you can lock anybody up in the Brig so no matter what they do you will always have a chance of being locked up

• @devilcorpsdoc said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@dhg-ixxrmacxxi I wish I knew the answer to that but ive played three matches today. Ive been locked away 3 times, and the 2nd group they left and some others spawned in, and i played and then they disappeared and a new crew spawned in and they locked me away and ive been in the brig for an hour, for no reason. i messaged them and they wont respond back. so ive been sitting here collecting gold. is this fun? does this make me want to spend money on it? the simple answer is no. Sure i could quit and join another crew but why, the same thing keeps happening eventually so why bother. Do i want to go though the hassle of LFG, why should i the game has matchmaking built in. I shouldnt have to jump through hoops to enjoy this game but i should of known with games like GTA online, or ARK that you make a sand box games, people are going to find a way to ruin all the fun. I dont know why I thought this game would be any different, oh well probably all of the marketing did but i should know better.

I don't think there is gonna be anyway to fix your experience with the beta. The best advice I could give is to join a 2 man sloop so you can still have a crewmate, and then who knows maybe you two could join a 4 man crew. That way you won't be the minority. Try the game pass when the game comes out. I think it will be on there, and it will help to test the launch before you spend money.

• @hotel-actual said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@blue-reloaded

It's completely acceptable to kick a random player from a group session of friends.

There's no detriment to finding another crew if your previous one want to play a game they purchased with their friends.

This whole "how dare I be expected to spend 60 seconds finding a new game so a game I joined can have their friend play with them, which I joined by happenstance because at this time the game doesn't allow invite only crews"

Is so immature and entitled.

I reload the game if people aren't using mics, literally minimal effort to do so.

I totally agree there’s nothing wrong with friends wanting to play together. And wanting to only play together. Everyone has different play styles. But it’s not as easy as just find another game, cause you just keep ending up in the brig over and over and over. I was matchmaking, gettin brigged, rinse repeat for an hour and a half yesterday.... and I was being super helpful but my in game chat was buggy and sometimes I couldn’t hear or they could hear me.

Easy fix... let people lock their crews if they want. Then the matchmaking logic could just ignore any locked crews for randoms. Wanna run a 1,2,3 person galleon? Awesome... just load up lock normal and lock your crew and you’re gold. You could keep the brig code exactly how it is. Cause it’s still a useful thing for unruly crew mates. ;)

• @th4tdudeth0 The ship just sunk, but im still locked up after respawning. Well it seems there is no way to truly escape. This beta has taught me, this game will just be full of mostly silent or toxic players. Who will abuse this brig system to have it their way, people are so selfish these days. So uncaring about others and its said humanity cannot come together to play a Rare game, its suppose to be a friendly game. Im glad others are enjoying it but others are being pushed out of the game by others too. what is the balance. who knows but i probably wont try to play this game anymore after the beta ends. ill spend my time on other games.

• @devilcorpsdoc I mean you are a pirate right? You should be able to pick the lock. They should introduce a pick lock system where it requires skill but is possible. Maybe you could call your parrot or monkey to get you the key if they lock you up. Not instantly, but after a couple of minutes like 2-3 you should have options. There is no fun without a brig or walking the plank, but it is also no fun not being able to break out.
    Side notewhere is the scurvey they need to add this problem. You need to eat citrus fruit every so often. If you get it, you lose your teeth.

• @devilcorpsdoc said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@th4tdudeth0 The ship just sunk, but im still locked up after respawning. Well it seems there is no way to truly escape. This beta has taught me, this game will just be full of mostly silent or toxic players. Who will abuse this brig system to have it their way, people are so selfish these days. So uncaring about others and its said humanity cannot come together to play a Rare game, its suppose to be a friendly game. Im glad others are enjoying it but others are being pushed out of the game by others too. what is the balance. who knows but i probably wont try to play this game anymore after the beta ends. ill spend my time on other games.

I really do sympathize with the brigging issue you are getting. I've joined 2 or 3 games in a row before and get instantly brigged. Luckily I have friends that play, so eventually they are on the same time as me and I can get a game going. You may not like the 2 man sloop, but you can match-make with it without being brigged. I strongly advise trying the full game when it comes out before writing the game off. Especially if you enjoy it when you get to play. Idk if you are in the US or not, but maybe try out a redbox if they have it there when it comes out? I've also heard the Xbox Game Pass is going to have Sea of Thieves on it. It's a monthly subscription, but $9.99 USD for 1 month of testing is better than spending $60 USD and hating the game. Assuming that is true. Does anyone have a source where that is confirmed?

• @th4tdudeth0 Well they finally let me out and messaged me saying, I was a good sport about it and they apologized. A little to late after being in there for almost 2 hours. Its whatever at this point lol, ive become numb to the abuse from this game. I will watch people play it on twitch than try to play it another, more than likely. Who knows maybe everyone will calm down after it releases.

• They are only hurting themselves, because a 3 man crew can not run that ship effectively. And if you are being sent to the brig over and over again, perhaps there is something you can address. Turn of voice activate, try not to talk so much, be careful of what you say as it may be offensive. Either way, in any game with 4 person random match making, three people who know each other will win out.

I recommend that you visit the forums or the Xbox party finder and join a crew that way. You'll eliminate the randomly getting matched with a group of 3 friends who never want a 4th person on their ship.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@devilcorpsdoc How would you address it in that case? Get rid of it altogether and be stuck with a 4th crew member that’s abusive and you and your friends have to leave to find another match? Or would you impose a time limit, a kick option?

This issue is frustrating for EVERYONE no matter what side of the crew you find yourself on. I'm also guessing its frustrating the billyo out of Rare, who probably never anticipate that it might dominate their beta. You ask a fair question - how is it to be fixed.

Obviously the brig is all about managing griefing (not causing it). It may be as easy as scraping the brig entirely, having different sizes crews (including more matchmaking options), then on top of that - having a vote to kick a griefer. The trick would be to kick them to matchmaking with other griefers.

Bottom line start to manage the griefers and get them out of the game permanently.

• @draclfd This has nothing to do with what ive said because they just instantly vote me in the brig, no one was talking. Im not at fault for their poor behavior.

• @shaggiedo Yup I agree but Ive already lost interest to be honest. These sandbox games, just prove, people cannot get along with one another in a game lol. People dont know how to act right.

• @devilcorpsdoc cant blame you for that. Pretty much from when the forums first opened - griefing, the lack of content, and reticents to fully utilize NPCs have been the major discussion topics. And what are the forums talking about in th beta - yep you guessed it. Makes me wonder if Rare have been listening to the community at all over the last 3 years.

• @shaggiedo said in Brig, what the hell?????:

@devilcorpsdoc cant blame you for that. Pretty much from when the forums first opened - griefing, the lack of content, and reticents to fully utilize NPCs have been the major discussion topics. And what are the forums talking about in th beta - yep you guessed it. Makes me wonder if Rare have been listening to the community at all over the last 3 years.

Hasn't the focus always been on player made content? The design of the game is around developing a bond with a crew and what you do in the world with other crews. Why does it need more AI content when the endless creative design of the players has so much awesome potential?

• For some cases I do not find the brig a harsh enough penalty so what me and my crew do is flood the bottom of the ship so they are forced to ride the ferry of the damned until they leave.

Views
1 out of 33