The game won't launch anymore

• The game worked fine for me yesterday. This morning it won't launch at all. When it opens it immediatley closes itself without an error message. Furthermore, I can't find anyway to update or uninstall the game in the xbox app, the insider hub or the microsoft store. It doesn't even show up in my add/remove programs in windows.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Views
  • @cryptoheros88 Ahoy there!

Here are 4 fixes that sometimes do fix the issue... I hope one of them works for you...

1. Logging into PC with Microsoft account. Start - Settings - My Info - Login to PC with Microsoft account instead of local account
    2. Make sure to update to the latest version of windows
    3. Try uninstalling any other app from Microsoft store and reinstalling it before trying to start Sea of Thieves again. If you don't have any download some small app from the store and uninstall it. Has fixed the problem for some
    4. Reinstalling fixes the issue nearly every time if the above fixes don't work.
  • @musicmee Thanks for the prompt reply - I'm logged in with my microsoft account so I can rule that out. Windows is fully updated also. I would love to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling but I can't figure out how! There is no option in any of the windows apps and the game doesn't appear in my add/remove program list on windows. How do uninstall the game?

• @musicmee I logged out of my PC and relogged using my microsoft account and it seems to be working again. Thanks

• I did had to uninstall the game from : windows icon, setting, apps. After redownload and installation it work.

• Beta is over so it won't launch anymore

• I had the same problem with the final beta. I have two Microsoft accounts, one from my old xbox live, a new one I created forever ago. Turns out I bought it with the old microsoft account not the new one I have to make sure to log into the old one when I want to play sea of thieves. Wish so desperately that I could merge my old xbox live account to my new microsoft account.

• @wolfkil-shepard If you preordered it in the Microsoft store, I think you have until tomorrow (03-10-2018) to cancel the preorder and preorder with your other account.

• @musicmee said in The game won't launch anymore:

@cryptoheros88 Ahoy there!

Here are 4 fixes that sometimes do fix the issue... I hope one of them works for you...

1. Logging into PC with Microsoft account. Start - Settings - My Info - Login to PC with Microsoft account instead of local account.

This one fixed my problem. Thank you! (Though I'm not too keen on having to continually swap back and forth between my PC's login account and my Microsoft login account every time I play ...)

• @el-espectro-0 I was able to get in and enjoy the beta thankfully with my other account that didn't purchase the game, it was a lot of fun, can't wait to play at 9pm pst with some friends.

• Uninstall the xbox insider app and then reinstall it. I run into this all the freaking time. The release version better not have this issue.

• same thing is happening to me too ...ik im late but sea of thieves forums just said they let out another windows update to fix the problem...but i never got it and i still cant get it

Views
1 out of 13