Old faithful isle riddle

• The second part of the riddle implied we had to play music on the north beach. We tried for over half an hour with different combinations of instruments and people but couldn't get the next part to trigger. We even went back to the ship to check we were on the right island and beach. Anybody solved this one? What were we doing wrong?

Views
  • @phantaxus What does it say exactly? Sure it doesn't mention a stone or drawing on the north beach to play the music at?

• @phantaxus
    Yes, as @Ecljpse has stated we need more info!!
    The riddle will require you to play music at a specific location, painting on a rock, broken rowboat, skeleton remains etc

• @ecljpse I don't think so, but we played all over the north beach. We gave up in the end and went and got another quest.

• @phantaxus Read it carefully next time. I am pretty sure the North Beach of old Faithful has a buoy (might be remembering the South) Anyway with riddles there is always an object or a painting you have to be by (it will glow when you succeed). So I am guessing you guys misread when you thought just the North beach.

• I had a similar quest but it was to hold a light on the North Beach, no paintings or anything there on Old Faithful and not even a specific location is given it’s just ‘north beach’

• @ptfl-jammy Same quest as you, ive been all over the north beach and tried everything while holding up the light. nothing happens.
    UPDATE: Been all over every beach on the isle and help my lamp up at every monument i could find...... nothin. Then some fellow pirates pulled up and sunk my ship that had no treasure on it for no good reason and left.
    SECOND UPDATE: I have gone mad and am preparing to drown myself.

• Hi there, i read in previous posts that if you keep playing music or keep the lamp up and you walk by the right landmark the riddle will not solve anyway. You must stand at the right place and then performe the right action.

• @cr0n0d Bingo! 100% Correct!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdv3Ul8g6BCngQ36/giphy.gif

• Our crew had the same problem.
    We have played the Alpha, closed beta, and this second beta currently happening.

"Old Faithful Isle is the golden key, between the sky and the deep blue sea.
    Reading this map at the monstrous skull on the West outcrop is wise, another clue it does disguise.
    At the North beach signs are strong, break the silence with a song..."

We've stopped at strong signs on the North beach, in the water, little land masses just off the beach, and played songs all over and nothing will reveal the last clue. Even tried digging around.

We believe the quest is glitched. Tried everything.

• I don't think you can just run around playing music. I'm pretty sure you have to start playing music at the right spot, not just run past the spot while already playing.

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but I tried playing the hurdy gurdy for a clue once and it didn't work, but I then immediately pulled out the accordion and it triggered the next clue.

• We had one that said to go to the North beach where tales are told we ran around for almost 30 min looking on every beach for a campfire, book, painting ect. until we finally gave up, this is the second "North beach" of old faithful isle riddle we have not been able to locate at all.

• @phantaxus hey guys "At the north beach something is hidden here, read this map and it will appear" its glitched, I read the map everywhere on the north beach and it doesnt work...

• If these words confuse you will be stuck, will at the north beach a tune be struck?

I am also having issues with this Old Faithful beach. I have literally walked all over the island and played both instruments at tons of different locations including the water and the islands and I have got no luck with triggering the riddle.

• ![alt text](image url) i found it boys it is in the same islenad just face the skull on the West side then keep going to the north and keep digging u ill find a captin chest.

• looks like its broken. we tried it like an hour

Riddle
    "The North beach hides a long-lost secret, ye instrument may yet reveal it"

• Doesn't work, tried it everywhere. Here's the riddle on Old Faithful Isle

"To the north beach this quest now strays, where ye lantern's high with flame ablaze"

• I'm sensing a trend here. It would appear from the posted data that the North Beach is bugged. There are many different voyages mentioned, songs, lights, or just read the map, but all say "at the North Beach". It would appear that that is the issue.

• guys than hear me out my riddle only says

Find the north beach then take heed, reading this map is what ye need
    I went to the north beach read the map all over the beach step by step but couldn't work .
    there's no actual specific location tho ... stuck up

• Had the same problem with the shanty on the north beach. No way to trigger it.

• Same, tried to read the map on the north beach for nothing but wasted time. only got 1 voyage left in my inventory that isnt bugged. hopefully this fix happens soon before i cannot continue to play due to bugged missions and the inability to delete voyages.

• We shined our light under water out from the north beach and it worked so something there triggered it for the light riddle

• @rygi32

Can confirm after much effort this is what triggered it for me.

• @ecljpse I believe i had a riddle the other day what did just specify "The north beach" but i dont know if it was on Old faithful and i managed to do it. But i do recall mentioning to the crew how weird it was that it wasn't giving a specific object to stand near.

• For the "Light" Riddle. Swim underwater on North Beach near the rocks towards the east side of the broken boat and shine your light when you reach the base.

• Currently having the same issue. Riddle is "At the North Beach a tale once was told, lift ye flame in search of gold"

Spent 4 of us spent 20 minutes sitting searching the North beach and could not get anything to work.

• The quest is definitely bugged but can be completed if you walk along the North beach shoreline east of the broken boat until you find a small cluster of rocks. At the same moment you should just be able to see the skeleton tower around the island. Go underwater a couple feet at the rocks base and try triggering whatever your quest tells you to (music, light, map) and it should work. Thank FleeingRabbit22 above. ^

• Hi @flaminhotchinos it worked. Thank you for your help! I stood around here: 0_1522664308227_4ff14f99-fb5b-41ed-b06d-ac3f42b8f099-image.png

• Worked for music riddle - have to be at the small rock cluster just east of the broken row boat. On the north side of those rocks, swim underwater into the corner of the rocks and play music.

• Énigme
    Quête Athena, impossible à réaliser... Tout essayer pendant plus d'une heure, rien à faire !

@Rare-Employee Je vois que c'est un problème qui persiste depuis plusieurs mois et pas que sur cette île, il faudrait songer à y remédier !
    Finalement, je me demande vraiment de plus en plus si vous avez testé votre jeu avant de le sortir...
    Plus ça va, plus ce jeu me rend Salty, alors que je me suis jamais autant amusé à mes débuts sur un jeu.. Mais la, ça enchaîne bug sur bug.. Ce n'est pas possible.

• Still an issue... Sad day, couldnt replicate other peoples solutions.

• @phantaxus we had a legendary mission with the quote "reading this map a clue you'll see, if at the north beach ye standing be. Thought it was glitched until reading down about twenty comments a guy said swim out and it worked. Its between the island and the NW Rock swim out 10 feet and read it under water.

• @narly85 dude you just saved my life. This was correct be rock underwater half way back to main land on the ocean floor. On the slope not the floor.

• some of the quests are a bit off and not exactly in the spot you think it is. we had one yesterday with a crew, and it said the sunstone rock in the west, yes we found it but it wasn't unlocking to the next part, we went to the opposite side and it worked

• This needs to be fixed. It's my last map before a chest of legends. I spent 4 hours on this voyage. Can't get the chest until I finish this riddle.

Views
1 out of 51