5 pirate crew!?!

• I was in a game just a few mins ago with a crew of 5. I don't know how it happened but we some how had a 5th member. We had been like this for a while now. So, I was about to take a picture of the crew looking for a clue but then I got kicked. It was really fun to be in a group with that many people. I really would not mind if we had a 5 pirate crew max in the game.

Views
  • @midnightxmist said in 5 pirate crew!?!:

I was in a game just a few mins ago with a crew of 5. I don't know how it happened but we some how had a 5th member. We had been like this for a while now. So, I was about to take a picture of the crew looking for a clue but then I got kicked. It was really fun to be in a group with that many people. I really would not mind if we had a 5 pirate crew max in the game.

I once sailed as a team of 4, then picked up 2 from a 2 man. We sailed 6 all day. OP AF.

• Interesting! I actually just posted about the same thing!

@samyelson I once sailed as a team of 4, then picked up 2 from a 2 man. We sailed 6 all day. OP AF.

Whatt!

• @midnightxmist We just experienced the same thing!

There were 3 of us for a while, and then all of a sudden 2 people joined in at the same time. We spent some time chilling and talking like pirates at Thieves Haven, finished up our quest, then sailed to the outpost and handed in our dozen or so chests.

Don't know how it happened but it was awesome.

• @samyelson holy smokes that's crazy!! It would probably be really fun with 6 people too.

• @KTCHP-PLS @midnightXmist
    Sloons are really passive to Galleons since Galleons are guaranteed win.
    If you can find sloons with people who have mics, they are very easy to recruit, and you all have a great time. I have had a few 5 man crews, but only once I had 6.

• @montysnakebite yeah I saw your post an figured I should post about what happened. You said a riddle showed up on the screen right? That did not happen to our crew. We somehow just lost someone but invited them back at the same time as someone else joined and we sailed on. I wish I could have joined back up with them.😩

• @samyelson oh no I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. We had 5 people in one crew. All of our names were green. I really wish I could have gotten that picture now so I could show it to you. It was really cool.

• @samyelson again as @midnightXmist said. We literally had 5 crew mates. All of which were green names and inside our crew toggle.

• @KTCHP-PLS @midnightXmist
    Yeah, I understood that they were green, which I have never had that.
    The power of one extra crew member is sooooo good.

• @midnightxmist

No we didn't get a riddle on screen at all. Just chilling on our boat and had 2 additional pirates spawn in at almost the same exact time to bring our crew up to 5!

So I looked back through my stream, and there wasn't a time when I had all four other members on screen at once. Best I could get was the crew list. (Obviously my name is not shown in the list, but the 4 others are there)

0_1517219831222_26ada611-773b-48d5-ab18-332f6b918a53-image.png

• @montysnakebite said in 5 pirate crew!?!:

@midnightxmist

No we didn't get a riddle on screen at all. Just chilling on our boat and had 2 additional pirates spawn in at almost the same exact time to bring our crew up to 5!

So I looked back through my stream, and there wasn't a time when I had all four other members on screen at once. Best I could get was the crew list. (Obviously my name is not shown in the list, but the 4 others are there)

0_1517219831222_26ada611-773b-48d5-ab18-332f6b918a53-image.png

This can only mean one thing. The file exists in the game directory and it was disabled for Beta. Somehow, a bug triggered it. Maybe there is a gimmick that was intended to trigger the script. As I read more and more, I tend to believe that you will be able to recruit pirates to your crew. Spicyyyy!

• Yesterday we ended up doing a crew of 8, 2 galleon crews teamed up and owned the seas. Really make me want 8 man galleons now 😀

• @midnightxmist I'm really hoping this means, while playing the game you can recruit members to your crew... that would be so much fun
    So rather than just destroy each other, the smaller ship might surrender and choose to join the larger ship.

OMG this sounds like so much fun and so much potential.

• More players per ship would feel more like a pirate crew. I think 6 per galleon would be ideal. There should also be a voting system to make someone captain just like you can do with the brig. Then you could vote to mutiny to switch captains. As the captain you could assign tasks to each crew member that way you earn more xp or progression if your doing your part on the ship.

• Rare:
    Please add more people to the crew! It’ll be a lot more fun that way!

• YES, I just joined friends with a crew of 4 and all together (5) finished Athena in alliance with a brig, which did Athena as well ...

VERY NICE

• @Deckhands how's that archiving going for ya? ;)

• @boxcar-squidy You ever wonder how people even manage to stumble upon 6 month old threads?

• @normalbacchus07 said in 5 pirate crew!?!:

YES, I just joined friends with a crew of 4 and all together (5) finished Athena in alliance with a brig, which did Athena as well ...

VERY NICE

you know this thread is 8 months old?

• @boxcar-squidy Slow... 7.8k topics moved so far this week.

But as mentioned, the thread is 6 months old and will be locked.

Views
1 out of 21