What is the fun in sinking a empty ship at a outpost?

• @caboose452 I see what your logic about safezones, but stealing treasures is a part of the game, so safezones will limit it to high seas only. I believe that something should be done about griefing but imo safezones won't be it.
    one idea I had was "grace period" when you spawn to avoid being spawn killed.

• @sirliborius said in What is the fun in sinking a empty ship at a outpost?:

@samyelson said in What is the fun in sinking a empty ship at a outpost?:

I honestly feel dropping the enemies anchor is not honourable.

I agree, that's also not what i meant. (sorry, english isn't my first language, i try my best)
    What i meant is that you should not attack ships that are "parked" and having the anchor dropped on their own for that reason.
    So in the most cases that means attacking ships at ouposts that just spawned or sloops that are cashing in treasures (or the crew get's absolutely wasted in the tavern - in that case: join in!).

There is no point in attacking a ship at an outpost unless it is revenge against a Galleon of rude players.

You were making mentions of not honourable things, so I wanted to mention what I felt was not honourable either.

• You know, I don't get why all you "Tougher than a Kraken's Belly!" seadogs are so against a Safe haven... to me it's just lazy, or poor abilities. I mean come on. If you can't catch the ship at sea, or on an island before they make port, than what kind of a pirate are you?

Contrary to everyone against the idea "Pirates Game Get Gud!!" responses are a bit ironic. Pirates sailing into a Pirate harbor didn't open fire at every ship in port, or start by shooting every other pirate they saw. Also, (And yes I have to address this because it's such a childish answer...) the whole "get gud..." level of response is only proving that you weren't good enough to risk getting the chests to turn in yourself. (Thus putting yourself and your crew up against the same level of playstyle as you expect us supposed carebears to deal with.) So, instead, you'll act rather cowardly, and snipe someone just to get theres because... that's what you think gud is?! Well, at least in that fight I know who the better pirate was, and it wasn't the one getting shot in the back.

Finally, and I'm certain I've read it as posted by a Dev., The Pirate Code they keep bringing up on forums is Going to be expected in-game. They've also stated that there will be ways for "...Everyone to play how they wish..." (I'm paraphrasing, but it was by a Pioneer in another post.) So whether or not all of you Anti-Safe Zone supporters like it, something is going to be changing. I'm just hoping that a Dev. from Rare will speak up soon and give us all something concrete to go on.

• @tombie I was in a crew that did this (well, something similar) once. We were chasing a ship from afar, and was hoping to get to it before it reached the outpost. We did not reach it in time. We were about to log off, but had 50 cannonballs left so... We spent quite a few, using the other ship for target practice.

The fun came from unloading a ton of cannonballs and getting to practice firing the cannons. Hoping to sink it and get away before the other player(s) got back.

• @madame-ching You've said in previous posts that you do this/plan on doing it, but if you know its toxic behavior, why continue as such?

• Sea of Griefs.

• @tombie said in What is the fun in sinking a empty ship at a outpost?:

... someone were firing cannon balls at my docked empty ship.

Which made me curious. What is the point of doing that?

There is literally nothing else to do in the game at the moment other than pounce on the opportunity to sink a ship when you see one every 30 min.

• @the-big-skipper I didn't say I wasn't one of those people. I camped a outpost for hours, mostly to see how often I saw people to know if it was a viable strategy. I don't consider standing at a outpost greifing, it takes a lot of patience to wait for the right opportunity.

Alas currently is is not worth the time invested for the rewards, just not enough traffic.
    Far better off and loading up on cannonballs and looking for ships.

Whether you like it or not( and I don't really care) people will do it at some point or another.

• Perhaps instead of a literal hard safe zone they could implement a soft safe zone in which any player/crew that fires off their weapons in the safe zone receives a bounty that alerts other players/crews to their location.

Views
question
78 out of 79