Server maintainence?

• How long will the game be off line?

EDITED BY @DHG-IXxRMACxXI

Views
  • @g-rodd Im down too, got the lavenderbeard message. Not to mention losing my 3 chests I turned in for no reward, and the last one I had left on my boat hah. XD

• @g-rodd We are hoping not too long.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Thanks for the reply buddy!

• @lynchmafioso our group saw the 5 min count down and luckily made it to the turn in only to receive no gold ;}

• Same. We logged back in tonight after playing for a few hours yesterday. Had our ranks still, but all of our accumulated wealth was wiped clean. Demoralizing, to say the least.

• I'm hoping not to long, I was teaching my matey the ropes and boom servers went down 5 minutes later.

• It is a beta all don’t be too mad it’s still awesome game!

• @megashub Your wealth is likely still there it's just that the servers are buckling under the load and it's having a hard time showing that stuff.

Same happened to. Gold, voyages, and clothes purchased were all gone earlier. Logged out and back in a couple of times and they returned. Hopefully this is what they're fixing and learning from it to prevent it in the launch. Hence why the Beta is going right now.

• they have not posted anything about the servers going down on social media. it would be nice to be kept in the loop for situations like this. How long the servers are going down for, and what the purpose of it is. And I was in game with a boat load of chests, and only given 5 mins till shutdown. a 30 min warning would be nice haha

• What are the numbers mason!!!

• its not the end of the world this is the idea behind doing beta's. this game is a tone of fun and i for one can not wait for the full release :)

• I'm just trying to see what words pop in under my name, continue on looking for answers if the servers are coming back.

• @the-lion-turtle said in Server maintainence?:

@megashub Your wealth is likely still there it's just that the servers are buckling under the load and it's having a hard time showing that stuff.

Same happened to. Gold, voyages, and clothes purchased were all gone earlier. Logged out and back in a couple of times and they returned. Hopefully this is what they're fixing and learning from it to prevent it in the launch. Hence why the Beta is going right now.

Yeah... We've seen logins where we didn't have clothes, money, rank, etc. This was the first time where everything was the same, except just no money. Hopefully you're right and it comes back. :) Wanted to raise it though, as this is beta, and now is the time to report bugs.

• sorry but what is soon? any eta? its friday and me and the boys are curious if its worth waiting around or not.

• Herroooo! Just waiting on the servers...

• I looked on twitter, the average maint time posted is on average an hour. I think its safe to say that you can check twitter or the log in after an hour passes.

• @seraedos How are ya, matey?

• go outside and get some fresh air :D

• Oooohh me gawd it's de end o' da world!! I knew eet wer' flat as me seester arrs!
    LARRRRRGY!

• @megashub It's because its all tied to the servers so if they have issues, everything has issues. One of the downsides to an online only game.

They can take all the time in this beta to fix stuff like this if need be. Anything that makes the launch smoother.

• I hope soon. lol I had 6 chests with my crew and we lost them all . :'( Need to get back on the grind!

• @lynchmafioso is that you BROchiill72? Captain?

• I do agree with the fact this is a fantastic game with so many directions it can go. I like the fact that it doesn't baby anyone with maps that show your location, nor make the single player mode too easy and things of that sort. I cant wait for the march full release! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....

• Yea cant wait

• @xxlilb07xx said in Server maintainence?:

they have not posted anything about the servers going down on social media. it would be nice to be kept in the loop for situations like this. How long the servers are going down for, and what the purpose of it is. And I was in game with a boat load of chests, and only given 5 mins till shutdown. a 30 min warning would be nice haha

I agree 100% with this. I love the game, put the PR game needs work.

• I spent 500 gold on a vo and is that now home or what bc that was expensive af

• @lynchmafioso We had 18 ready to turn in (wanted to try to beat Sumit's 35), didnt get the gold when we turned in our 1st captains chest, so we mived to another island and got the 5 minute notification when we were like 6 minutes out :(

• @meteoradew Fantastic, Cap'n! We finally had a full crew going, so looking forward to diving back in

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Glad we have a reliable source reaching out! Thanks! Any reason they haven't made an official statement publicly?

• Are you guys getting the "Sorry, but you are not authorized to play Sea of Thieves right now" message?

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Definitely was a mistake for Rare to not give any warning on Twitter/social media. Know it's late/early over in the UK but this certainly shouldn't happen in the future.

• @spidesniperx99 upvotes.... if you like/agree with a post click the ^. The more ^ the more likely rate is to look at it.

• @seraedos same! We just got our last deckhand hired, and everything went black. Now i just need to find where i put my grog....

• @perfect-code Some things are out of their control, the Community Team is currently sound asleep as it is 5:00AM on a Saturday. Some things aren't planned unfortunately.

Views
1 out of 643