PVP-free Outposts

• I've been killed at an outpost, shot in the back while in menu with a vendor. It's easy to defend this behavior as pirates being, uh, pirates, but I think a PVP-free zone could be handled creatively. Maybe some outposts are a PVP-free zone in accordance with pirate code. This could create a scenario where an outpost is closer but it doesn't adhere to the pirate code so it's a risk.

Views
  • @mrloadedpotato There has been lots of discussion about this subject, and Rare said they didn't want to add pvp free zones to the game. Having said that, make sure to keep a keen eye on the horizon before docking to a outpost! Pirates gonna be pirates..

There is still a griefing problem, but Rare is looking into that.

• I would actually really like a outpost that acted more like a social space than a risky PVP zone. I love the Pub and the stores there but I can’t stay that long without fearing that a enemy ship is close. When I’m delivering chests, I would rather be chill than doing it as fast as possible. If I have to stop playing for a bit, instead of leaving, it would be better if I could just AFK in the Pub so that a random doesn’t join my friends and not let me play. I know that RARE said they wouldn’t be adding non-PVP areas, but PLEASE add some sort of it. Maybe the law is enforced on these islands, so killing other pirates could make you lose gold or reputation. That would make people kill others a lot less and that wouldn’t be “PVP-FREE”. As for ships shooting at the island, maybe there could be AI ships going around the island, or manned cannons on the island. Sorry for the long post...

• @dyornos Ah, thanks. I figured it's been heavily discussed in the alpha already. That's good to know they're looking into the griefing aspect.

• @darealpastrami said in PVP-free Outposts:

I would actually really like a outpost that acted more like a social space than a risky PVP zone. I love the Pub and the stores there but I can’t stay that long without fearing that a enemy ship is close. When I’m delivering chests, I would rather be chill than doing it as fast as possible. If I have to stop playing for a bit, instead of leaving, it would be better if I could just AFK in the Pub so that a random doesn’t join my friends and not let me play. I know that RARE said they wouldn’t be adding non-PVP areas, but PLEASE add some sort of it. Maybe the law is enforced on these islands, so killing other pirates could make you lose gold or reputation. That would make people kill others a lot less and that wouldn’t be “PVP-FREE”. As for ships shooting at the island, maybe there could be AI ships going around the island, or manned cannons on the island. Sorry for the long post...

That's not a bad idea. Instead of a PVP-free zone, just punish players via loss of gold or reputation to serve as a disincentive. It sounds like they're looking into it so it's possible that's a solution already.

• Another possibility is that after the quest is complete the given merchant waits u on a random island and outposts are only there for shops. Sick of griefing and people destroying your empty docked ship for nothing.

Views
1 out of 6