Is it confirmed that there are only going to be two types of ships?

• Hello,

After playing the closed beta, I am left with the question of whether or not there will be different types of ships available. I know that through customization each ship will be unique but I feel that there is only so much a person can do with only two ships in the game. With the addition of different types of ships, I feel the players will be able to play how they want even more than they currently can. An example would be having ships that are more focused on PvP or for those that really want to grind through the quests, a ship that has less firepower and more speed. Perhaps different combinations of those two characteristics.

Thank you,
    TGills

Views
    question
  • @emperor-tgills
    Hello, this is what I've found:

That webpage suggests that there are at least 3 types of ships, so perhaps we can hope for more. Would certainly make things more interesting. Could not find any other confirmation though.

• @emperor-tgills I'm pretty confident for launch there will only be two, maybe we will get a row boat but nothing has been confirmed.

There is always a lot of threads about a Man o War so it wouldnt suprise me if some time in the future we got a varient of that. :)

• To be honest, it would be really weird if a pirate type game lacked in ship variety department :)

• I also want more types of ships, larger crews tbh.

bigger server numbers, bigger map

and on top of that Man O War would be supreme!

0_1517752615886_3e789092-e667-4f05-8a3a-f198a51b84b5-image.png

• Yeah, all we know at this point is we have to wait and see.
    If the majority of the community really want something, Rare will definitely investigate and try to make it work!

All we can do is see what happens and trust Rare with whatever decisions they make!

• For the moment is just two ships, meaby they will suprise us at launch with a 3th one for 3 players and a rowboat, meaby they will add more in the future. We may get more news on this topic on February 13th when the embargo will be lifted.

• To provide an update on the subject, I'm quoting a fragment from latest PCGamer article.
    Entire article available here: LINK

"Lots of ships to choose from
    "Our focus was always that the ship's fundamental design is equal to the number of players, so the number of the jobs and how players organise is kind of our core gameplay if you think of it that way. There's a lot of people out there asking, 'I want the twenty-person ship, I want the thirty-person ship, I want the ten-person ship', and our approach was always to think of real life. If you get a group of ten people together, it's very hard to co-ordinate ten people. Even if you go to the pub together, you've got people splitting into separate groups. It feels like you're out in two groups rather than one cohesive whole. So that will always factor into our decision making. Will we do more ships in the future? I think so, I think there's a possibility. We'd look at it for sure."

I ask Chapman if more styles of ship will be added, not just ships determined by the number of people aboard. "I think so, I think we'll look at that kind of thing. There's some plans about how we extend the gameplay post-launch that ties quite well into ships, but no definite plans at the moment.""

• Crew size I'm happey with,but more ship variety would be nice hint hint nodge nodge rare🙂

Views
question
1 out of 9