Closed Beta Install Instructions

• turns out im not nvm

• @st4tic-ninj4
    You don't appear to have the insider badge?? Did you register as an insider??
    Click your gamerpic top right, click account & see if it says you're an insider.
    If you did register & it says you're not an insider, logout of the forum, logout of your xbox / ms account, clear browser cache, then log back in.
    Also did you receive an email inviting you to the closed beta?

• @qm-ginger-beard It sure is! You are safe to download that and you will be good to go :D

• so what about those of us who pre ordered through other means, ie. gamestop? black dog pack shows up as owned on Xbox store, but no link to download the beta client. is this only for those who preordered through the MS store or Xbox store?

• @logansdadtoo sorted it now but to little to late :-(

• @mrjones197739 If you see the black dog pack as ordered you too should be able to download the Sea of Thieves beta game. Have you tried searching the store?

PC:

• Open up the Store app
    • Go to 'My library' available from the drop down at the top right hand corner.
    • Select 'Sea of Thieves Closed Beta' (Game not appearing?)
    • Select 'Install'

Xbox:

• You will see the 'Sea of Thieves Closed Beta' Game in the 'My Games and Apps' section on the Xbox Console ready for install. Select it to begin the install process.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What @Musicmee said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@mrjones197739
    If you have redeemed the black dog pack on your xbox, SOT closed beta should be in 'my games & apps'

• And what do I do if the store says "Sea of Thieves Closed Beta is currently not available"?

• @lasershock
    For which format? PC or Xbox?

• @logansdadtoo that's the one place I did not look. guess I started on the rum to early. thank you

• @mrjones197739
    No probs m8, at least you're good to go now ;)

• @logansdadtoo PC.

Signed up as an insider day one and I have yet to receive an invite.

• @logansdadtoo @Musicmee it says that I own the Sea of Thieves Black Dog Pack ( Closed Beta Access) But there is no download for the actual beta in the 'My Games and Apps' section

• @cursingmushroom did you look under the ready for install tab?

• @khaleesibot Cant wait to come aboard! ARRGH!!!

• @logansdadtoo no i have no xbox :(

• I just opened the store and it started downloading right away

• @cursingmushroom
    Not in the ready to install section???

• @lasershock Did you signed up in the insider program before December 1, 2017?

• @khaleesibot I heard the same. Pioneers (or Technical Alpha players) will get something extra so I thought it was the Black Dog Pack.

• @el-espectro-0 Looks like they did.

Is there any possible reason why you haven't received an invite @lasershock? Be it, your location, lack of Xbox Gold (on Xbox) or your account standing with Xbox Live enforcement?

• @caillot-laurent
    Ok, so although you are a founder you have never installed on either pc or xbox before.
    So you will have to go through the insider hub to get to the download. If the game is not appearing in the insider hub, i would double & triple check that you are logged on with the correct gamertag!!!

PC Founder installation

There are three stages from start to finish: Install the Insider Hub, find Sea of Thieves in the Hub and finally install the game from the Hub and Store. Follow the steps below:

Press the Start key and open the Store
    Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub
    Launch the Hub and you'll find Sea of Thieves waiting for you
    Click the icon which will take you through to the Store page
    Click install and the download will begin.
    If the game does not appear in the Insider Hub, check the prerequisites above. If the game is still not showing, or is failing to install, try these steps:

Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
    Navigate to Sea of Thieves.
    Select Manage.
    Select Unenroll.
    Return to the Sea of Thieves page in the Xbox Insider Hub, and select Join.
    Try the installation again.
    If you are still experiencing issues, please follow the steps Here to create a new local administrator account. Once created, sign into the Store and the Insider Hub with your Gamertag and try the installation again.

If these steps do not work, raise a ticket with our Customer Services Team

• Excellent advice @logansdadtoo.

@Caillot-Laurent you can raise a support request here: Raise a Support Ticket

• @lasershock i have the same problem , i do a ticket , no solution , now i speak with xbox support , no solution too ...

• Расскажу как сделал я на Xbox one. Сделал предзаказ 16.01.2018 сегодня я зашёл в консоль -> мои игры -> готово к установке -> и там будет установочный файл Sea of Thieves closed Beta. Удачи!!!! Надеюсь моя инструкция помогла

• @logansdadtoo yes im in caillot laurent in hub xbox insider ... but i have only minecraft in insider content :(

• @caillot-laurent Is it now also caillot laurent in the store? In your Library you should be able to see Sea of Thieves closed beta if you scroll down to the bottom of 'games', you will need to be logged in to the store with the same account as insider hub and sea of thieves.

• @logansdadtoo @khaleesibot @KattTruewalker
    i have same problem as @Caillot-Laurent
    i got inviteded to alpha couldn't download it on my pc becouse the invite was on xbox but i don't own a xbox sence 8 years back but this was my xbox account so i think i it automatic choose xbox but anyway now when it's play anywhere feature it shouldn't matter?
    but one thing i can't understand is when i click on hte link to closed beta and get to the store it's says " not available yet" seems real weird...
    but for my freinds it work perfectly ...

• @impish436 check to see if you’re logged into the right account on the store, this is usually caused by the wrong account being logged in on the store.

• So as i see, we can install the beta, but i didn't recieved any email, and when I go to the Xbox Insider Hub i can only see SoT Alpha, not Beta :(

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi i have checked like 50 times even if i only have one account xD

• @dopiestmonkey13 All Alpha clients will become the beta, you only have to update if you have not already done so.

• @impish436 So when you click on the link in the Insider Hub it takes you to the page that says “Coming Soon” on the Microsoft Store correct? To my knowledge this happens when the account is wrong on the Microsoft Store specifically, not the Insider Hub.

• @impish436
    I had the same problem m8! Mine showed up as not available also.
    I was / am an xbox tester & have installed it today on my pc! I just messed around a followed a few instructions off here & hey presto, it worked. Mine worked by clicking the 3 dots method listed a bit further up the thread.
    I think the issue with you & @Caillot-Laurent is that both of you have never installed SOT before, so the store isn't picking up an update or recognising that you are eligible for the beta!
    Am I right in assuming you have never installed the alpha if you didn't have an xbox??

• I'm not showing sea of thieves under insider content in the Xbox insider app. I have been an insider for 7 months and received the beta invite email. I did not play or download the alpha. I have been over the instructions multiple times and have read through this thread and none of the suggestions or "fixes" help or apply. Not sure where the disconnect is but help would be much appreciated.

Views
1 out of 299