Closed Beta Install Instructions

• @Deckhands Can you please find out why support are not getting back regarding this unique issue with Founders/Insiders? They have gone all radio silence on us. This is what I sent them;

Hi, I was given the titles of founder and insider but did not play the tech alpha at all. On PC I have tried all the instructions given but still cant get the pre-load option. Nothing Sea of Thieves related appearing on my Xbox Insider hub and on the microsoft store it says Closed Beta currently not available. I only have 1 gamertag so It cant be conflicting with another microsoft account. Please please help as I am panicing here! Regards PhillyReid

• @phillyreid it’s 9:20PM in the UK the support team is not fully in office currently and are swamped with requests. Patience will be required as they need to figure out what, if anything, is wrong on their end, or if it’s a user error and then problem solve from there.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Already did restart. I'm currently freeing up space on my Windows installation drive to see if it affects anything. According to multiple reports on the forum, the game should install directly to another driver if set.

If I get no positive outcome after all that, I'll contact Microsoft.

• @hellshoot-01 sounds good mate hopefully that works out for you!

• @phillyreid We are a lot in this case :) but really NO ONE care of us ^^

• @khaleesibot Thank you so much for posting this. I've been trying all morning (Australian time) to get the Beta installing to no avail. Everyone's forum posts were directing me to both the Windows Store and the Insider Hub where I was either being told to preorder or brought to blank pages.

You're a champion!

• @caillot-laurent Saying that Rare doesn’t care I think is a bit unfair on your part mate. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are trying to download the Beta right now and likely hundreds that are not having as smooth of a time as other, Rare is working as hard as they can to get everyone going, however you need to show them some patience.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi You know , a simple message like this : We know there is some probleme to download right now , we work on it will be just perfect , and i dont think they need a HTML5 pro maker to put this on the main page of the website ... its a bad pre launch day , that's all ...

• I get goosebumps on my peg leg every time I remember it's tomorrow!

• @sourlemonh3ad can you share more ? we are a lot with the message : dont ready yet , and we wanna understand why we can't download please

• @caillot-laurent the thing is that they don’t know if there is in fact an issue on their side or if it’s something else that is causing issues. Once they have Moreno information they will definitely let us know. The other thing is that this is Closed Beta, not full launch, not everything will go smoothly as there’s bound to be some errors.

• @musicmee Hey there musicmee, so I got the insider hub, though the only game that shows up is Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition). Unfortunately I'm not seeing anything else show up in the list, I also went to the Windows 10 Store to find the closed beta but it also says its currently unavailable.

• guys how big is update for close beta because i have all ready download 20gb maybe something goes wrong?

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Not worth the effort. I plan on preordering. Thanks though!

• @SalmonElf272963 It should be about 13.5 gb.

• @champsxl Sorry I couldn’t help mate, hopefully the preorder works easier for you!

• @caillot-laurent check your insider hub now m8 seems like they have fixed the issue :)
    im able to download it now :)

• @hellshoot-01 said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

I'm trying to install the beta, I've set my F:\ drive (18Gb space left) in settings/storage as Microsoft's store installation directory. (Followed this: https://mcakins.com/2016/05/15/how-to-install-or-move-a-windows-10-app-or-game-to-another-drive/)

Now whenever I try to install the game I get the error "Something happened on our end. Try again later. " Is this really an issue at Microsoft? I seem to be downloading any other app just fine.

After freeing up space on system's SDD and restarting I kept getting the same error. A couple restarts afterwards the game just started to download. Guess it was an issue on Microsoft's side.

• @impish436 @Caillot-Laurent @PhillyReid it is working for me too now. have fun guys

• @africanphil What did you do to fix it?

• @khaleesibot looking forward to seeing how it is!

• @phillyreid i just reopened the insider app and the beta was in the insider content tab, unlike before

• I have pre ordered for PC and have game and beta access in library. but I did not receive any redeem code as well as there is no install for beta just says I have it I am EST and from what I read I should be able to install 24hrs ahead and cannot

• @impish436
    Sweet m8, I told you they'd sort it out for ya!!
    See you on the seas ;)

• Hey i'm an insider but not a founder and have the email saying im invited to the beta but i can't find it anywhere any help is appreciated

• Hi There! I have also the same problem of MetalAlex394, but i found a link in a post in here that starts the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha installer. It was going all right but suddendly it restarted and I lost everything I donwloaded before that. Is that normal?

• If you cant find it in the insider hub, go to the store page hit pre order then cancel. It showed up in the insider hub instantly for me.

• @stevensiiigal Well, actually I cant even enter in xbox insider Hub. It returns an error every time I try to logg in.

• Guys how big is this game cause after 7 hours it keeps downloading stuff and i don't know if my SSD has enough space ?

• @calaquendir Might you post the link to this download?

• @jubilantewe747 I was already in technical alpha so i just pressed update or something similar from my game library.

I found the link https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P54WFHG498G

• @davin-kenway update the app and it’ll turn into the beta 😊

• Guys I'm having an issue installing the beta client. I was a technical alpha player before this. I can't recall every uninstalling the game. And I know for sure that I'm invited to the beta, but when I open up the beta through 'Microsoft Store' all I can see is an update button (which is guess is cause I used to be in the alpha) I press that one and it says "Downloading" and "Almost done" but in Swedish.

But then nothing... It starts and like 12MBit but then is gets down to 0 and just stays there. I've seen people in this thread who's had similair problems but I haven't found any solution yet. I'd appreciate some help :)

Edit: I got it to work. What I did was restart my computer, went into 'Settings' then 'Apps & features' deleted the game there (Which I figured out to be a greyed out file which said Unavailable or something). Restarted again, went back into the Windows Store which now said "Install" instead of "Repair" did that and voila! I'm at 60% and counting at this moment. Goodluck

• I red from the instruction that we have to redeem a code.. I didn't get any code.. the only thing I've got till now was the pre order confirmation via email.
    Can anyone help me please?

• One question though, where do you get the black dog pack code? If you pre-ordered through Xbox One store?

Views
298 out of 299