Closed Beta Install Instructions

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@koshdukai Play Anywhere is enabled for everyone.

@musicmee said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@koshdukai Yes it is supposed to be true for Founders although we have been hearing that some of the Founders are having issues getting it to show on both platforms.

Have you tried the store, or the link to the game store page in the instructions?

Thanks for confirming this.

Hmmm... guess I'll need to spend more time on it.

Thanks again :)

• @africanphil I used the link in the first post that takes you to the game then from there I opened it in the windows store(the app not the website).

It should ask if you want to open in the microsoft store, say yes.

• I signed up for insider ages ago,I'd say at least 6-7 months ago. I do not see an invite to the beta or is it an option for me to download

• Ok. I have pre-ordered the game. The closed beta has downloaded. For the last few hours I get the message after the splash screen.

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

My account is correct. Is that message expected at the moment? It also states that 'I own the Game"

• @champsxl You could follow these instrustions:
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-

• @bulletbill153 You can't play until tomorrow.

• @lonegoatknifer I know.. midnight I think in GMT. I am checking if that message is what I should be seeing now?

• @champsxl you will need to check which Gamertag was invited as the OP states, there are articles on the Support page to assist you with this.

• @bulletbill153 It is saying that because you can't play it yet.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi I only have 1 Gamertag....

• @lonegoatknifer Ok thanks.. was worried it was an account issue and not something else.. thanks

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi I've always only had 1 Gamertag,although the name was changed about 4-5 months ago.

• @champsxl Did you confirm your email address as it appears like you did not confirm your email.

• @lonegoatknifer thank you but it just says the SoT beta is not available currently. weird stuff haha

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi 100% confirmed it a while back.

• Where do I find the redeem code? If I download the beta as a founder would I still be able to get the black dog pack?

• @champsxl what was the old Gamertag?

• @AfricanPhil Are you logged into a different account on the pc?

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi I wanna say o Champs o ,I just re clicked the original email from 4/1/2017 to confirm it and it says its already been done. I've been getting the weekly insider updates for months now.

• @john-gribble The black dog pack is for pre orders.

• I am pre-order and founder.

• @champsxl if you can find the old Gamertag I can investigate.

• @lonegoatknifer afraid so :/

• Hello Guyz , so i decide to create a topic , it's look likes im not alone !

(im french sorry for my english)

So ! im insider since a long time , i receive invitation since the first alpha test, i have no xbox , so today i see we can play on PC i was exited !! , Yes , but no ...

When i go on insider hub xbox content i see : Noting.
    When i go on xbox app and look in my game : nothing.
    When i go to the microsoft to download the Alpha , on the button i have : Not avaible yet

So to win times : yes im on the good account , same of here ...

i did a tchat with microsoft and they say im not alone , ask SoT developpers for help -_-

i did a ticket here this morning , and they say : i ask the tech help, no news since...

So now im lost , i cant acces beta , i cant download alpha , i cant buy the game.

So please

From @Taydoge_Swift in #announcements: You do not need the insider hub for the beta. you theoretically can just search for Sea of Thieves in the store and as long as you’re logged into the same account that preordered, you should be able to download. If you can see this, great. If you can’t, there’s an update coming later today which should push it out for you. I will update it then.

Can we have some informations ?

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi according to the original email link it is "o Champs o"

• @koshdukai said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@koshdukai Play Anywhere is enabled for everyone.

@musicmee said in Closed Beta Install Instructions:

@koshdukai Yes it is supposed to be true for Founders although we have been hearing that some of the Founders are having issues getting it to show on both platforms.

Have you tried the store, or the link to the game store page in the instructions?

Thanks for confirming this.

Hmmm... guess I'll need to spend more time on it.

Thanks again :)

SUCCESS!!! ...wasn't showing in the Xbox Insider Hub (like it does on Windows 10) but checking the "Ready to install" list, it was right there, waiting :D

Nice! ^_^

• @lonegoatknifer I am both pre-order and founder. Where can I get the redeem code?

• Just a reminder to all that if you're on xbox and youve followed the install instructions and still can't install the beta, remember to check your "ready to install" section.

• @john-gribble https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000081387-Closed-Beta-Install-Instructions-PC-Xbox-and-Pre-Order-

• @champsxl I am not able to see anything for that Gamertag or o Champs o unfortunately, you will have to raise a support ticket and await their help.

• @africanphil I'm not sure then. sorry

• I'm trying to install the beta, I've set my F:\ drive (18Gb space left) in settings/storage as Microsoft's store installation directory. (Followed this: https://mcakins.com/2016/05/15/how-to-install-or-move-a-windows-10-app-or-game-to-another-drive/)

Now whenever I try to install the game I get the error "Something happened on our end. Try again later. " Is this really an issue at Microsoft? I seem to be downloading any other app just fine.

• @lonegoatknifer I am downloading the beta as a founder that's that means I'll get the black dog pack too since I'm a pre-order too?

• @john-gribble Yes, not everyone who pre orders will be in the beta, but they will all get the in game items. You might still have to redeem a code for it though.

• @hellshoot-01 Try rebooting your PC and attempting again, if this doesn’t work try contacting Microsoft for assistance as it sounds like an issue on their end.

Views
298 out of 299