Can I play sea of thieves on my PC if I bought the digital version on xbox one?

• I bought SoT digital version on xbox one and I've heard you can also play it on PC if you have the digital version. Is this true?

Thank you

Views
  • Yes, Sea of Thieves is a Play Anywhere title. If you have Windows 10 then you can also play on PC.

• @wonkas-factory Yes, the only question is if that will be available for the closed beta, but as for launch, you can play either platform.

• Seriously? WOW, yes! yes! yes!!!!! I forgot about this. I got an Xbox at home and PC at the office.

• @wonkas-factory If you've purchased the digital version of Sea of Thieves it will be Play Anywhere, which means you can play on either platform!

However, we don't yet have any news if this will be available for the Closed Beta - keep yer weather eye on the forums and social media channels for more news of this.

• @katttruewalker Thank ye mate!

• @wonkas-factory An update to what @KattTruewalker said, it was just announced that Play Anywhere will be available for closed beta!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/closed-beta-play-anywhere

• @ionei-falcon Thank you!

• @odinresurrected Check this out at Amazon.com
    Sea of Thieves - Xbox One https://www.amazon.com/d*/B00ZPT59YS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_-g3AAbKCC3G4W

I Pre Ordered Sea,of Thieves at this link and did the Amazon 47.99 Prime member purchase.

Will that purchase also give the ability to play on the PC or should I have gotta different order?

• Read through the replys and I'm happy to hear I can play it on both platforms. However I have windows 7 would I be able to still play it or am I required to need windows 10?

• @xxmg-tunicxx dijo en Can I play sea of thieves on my PC if I bought the digital version on xbox one?:

Read through the replys and I'm happy to hear I can play it on both platforms. However I have windows 7 would I be able to still play it or am I required to need windows 10?

You need to upgrade to WIndows 10, yeah.

• @lobofh damn.... ok

• @odinresurrected can you also play it if you bought the cd ?

• @odinresurrected is it free download if you have it on xbox one, if so what is the download, i only see buy now,

• @De-Terminator98 Not a great idea to dig up old threads. If you have a question you can always post a new one or look through older threads for the info.

And to answer your question, if you have it (digitally at least) on Xbox one, then you can download it for free from the Microsoft store. Otherwise submit a report with them about it not showing you the install button.

• @de-terminator98 said in Can I play sea of thieves on my PC if I bought the digital version on xbox one?:

@odinresurrected is it free download if you have it on xbox one, if so what is the download, i only see buy now,

@Deckhands Necro alert.

• @de-terminator98 Please don't resurrect old threads, it is against the forum rules. This thread will now be locked.

Views
16 out of 17