Important question regarding gameplay

• Can you take captives? say after raiding another ship could you lock rival crews in cages then make them walk the plank???

Views
  • @shreks-bulge I'm quite sure that doesn't work at this time. But you have a nice global chat, and I would play along at least :D

• @shreks-bulge No, you can't in the sense that it's a mechanic. I don't believe they plan on implementing that as an official mechanic in-game as it can ruin other people's fun. Of course, if you and other players are up for some RP, it might work. ;)

• I doubt this will be implemented as it will encourage trolling etc. (Like what happened on Ark, Where people were being captured and tied/caged and left there)

• I think this is possible but other people said if there is RP involved. I hope the devs create some servers dedicated to the role-player arts so that people who matchmake for it, end up with other fellow role-players for shenanigans!

• @shreks-bulge said in Important question regarding gameplay:

Can you take captives? say after raiding another ship could you lock rival crews in cages then make them walk the plank???

I really want this to be a thing (and not just in a role playing context) but sadly I don't think it will happen. All the concerns about people trolling or being abusive can easily be solved with some game mechanics but nobody seems interested for some reason. I think it's a missed opportunity for a really key part of the genre.

• Personally I would love to RP this but I can see how others might not.

• @shreks-bulge The only people I believe you can lock up is your own crew members after the rest of your team votes to put he/she in there.

• Lol no the brig in your ship is only to lock up fellow crew mates that are being problematic

Views
1 out of 9