Tales from the tavern

• No, this topic is not to comment about the latest podcast, but actually a idea that i had watching them.

What i had in mind it is, when you go to a tavern, there is going to have a old pirate, and he from time to time its going to tell a tale about a pirate/crew that did something amazing, the thing is, the pirate/crew from the tales it is actually a player. We all know that there is always someone out there that did something amazing and became a topic between friends, or some sort of legend, but rarely some other people beside the group of friends would know this because they don't search online or some other circumstance.

How would it work?

Rare made it clear that they want to recognize players that did something amazing and share with the community, so, lets say that a pirate in the middle of a ship fight, close to get sink in to the depths of the ocean, launch himself in to the enemy ship, killed everyone, got the crews treasure, got back in to his ship, and did this all drunk, in game and in real life, a real clutch, it is something cool, and this storyteller in the tavern told the tale about this pirate legend, McBotty84, it is not only cool to have theses stories to read between adventures, its also a way to make the world more alive and make the players more bold in trying something new(and maybe really stupid), and it does create a phenomenon in the community, imagine, you are matchmaking, and the captain of the crew it is none other than McBotty84, you know what he did at some point in his career and you can say that you played with a pirate legend(in Sea of Thieves).

Its not something that would change the gameplay of the game, or even something really crucial to have, but i think it would make the game more alive, we all know from time to time, for example, a guy in Eve Online spend 1 year to steal a ship or something like that, or Leeroy Jenkins in WoW, we all know theses "legends" in the games we play and love, but they're not implement in the game itself, and Sea of Thieves being a pirate theme game, and also driven by the adventures of the players when you can do whatever you want and be whatever you want i think it would fit really well in the game, as well as build a more engage and strong community in the process, but this is just a idea that i had and thought that it would be really cool, i would like to know if someone thought about that or has a even better idea.

Views
  • @masterse7en Ah, great. I think I know where you all can find me. I just need some stories now :D

Views
1 out of 2