Pioneer program

• I played in the alpha . I like your game & am at home taking care of a disabled son have a lot of time to play . I have already pre order the game & the controller . If you have the room in the Pioneer program please consider me as a tester . Thank you .

Views
  • @yankee-r0b +1 for effort, but the program criteria as I understood it was those who were already contributing a lot of feedback and activity on the forums in advance of being chosen not just having a lot of play time.

• I only got into the last alpha . But I watched all the sot stuff on YouTube & the weekly messages . I'm just saying if they need a Pioneer I'm in . I'm home most of the time & would love to have the opportunity to be a Pioneer tester thank you .

• @yankee-r0b 2 weeks till beta man, the 24th.

• To be honest I've seen people with 3 posts in pioneer. It's most likely randomly generated.

• @crusaderjesus you haven’t looked good enough mate

• @dark-shadow9056 I guess you know more.

• @crusaderjesus 3 posts as a pioneer? How do you know they did not report 10+ legit bugs through the support system at the same time though? :)

• @crusaderjesus I’ve seen a lot of pioneers. More then 3 :)

• @crusaderjesus @dark-shadow9056

There are a lot of variables that go into Pioneer selection and the feedback and involvement is not strictly associated with the Forums. There are subreddits, the club, Facebook, and other avenues to be involved in the community that Rare looks into, not just the forum!

• Hoping for a new invite wave for pioneers before launch as well.

• @kgmshylian They obviously didn't. If you have 3 posts (one of those being "how do I join pionner program" and rest of those posts are just filler "i agree" or "i disagree") you obiously didn't find 10 bugs in the game. :)

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Is it even possible for Rare to match players' FB account with their reddit and xbox account? :D Like how do they know that Tommy Longbow is Minecrafter2002 on this forum? :D

• @crusaderjesus yes. I think the same.

• @crusaderjesus
    As has already been explained to you above m8, there are a lot of factors that are considered by Rare when choosing Pioneers.

Post count on the forum is considered, but isn't a deciding factor!! He could be a very active member in the subreddit, the xbox club, discord. He could've raised numerous report tickets flagging game bugs. Just because that user doesn't post on the forum, it doesn't mean he isn't a very active pioneer participant & does what is required of him!!

• @logansdadtoo I was replying to this "you haven’t looked good enough mate"

• @crusaderjesus
    Yes, but you singled him out as a pioneer because of his post count.
    Not really fair on him is it?

• @crusaderjesus said in Pioneer program:

@kgmshylian They obviously didn't. If you have 3 posts (one of those being "how do I join pionner program" and rest of those posts are just filler "i agree" or "i disagree") you obiously didn't find 10 bugs in the game. :)

Bug reporting for pioneers is done via support tickets, so pioneers don't report any bugs on the forums!

• @logansdadtoo No I didn't. I said I've seen pioneers with 3 posts upon which dark said this 'you haven’t looked good enough mate'. I found pioneer with 3 posts and posted it as a proof that there are pioneers with 3 posts. I don't really care who is pioneer and what did they do to get it.

The point is if somebody posts 3 filler posts on forums there are obviously not keen on looking for many bugs in the game. They mostly want to play it early. I highly doubt this person has over 3 bug reports. I know how bug reports work, don't worry. But this is offtopic from your side.

• Except there are some folks newly added to the Pioneer program that are stating over on Reddit that they haven't contributed anything, were barely active during the alpha, and cannot understand why they were selected.

• @oldmansutii I agree. This happened to my friend too around a year ago. He just played the game with 0 activity on forums etc.. Once he was selected to be a pioneer, so he played with other pioneers. After some time it was taken from him I believe. However he was still somehow selected.

• @crusaderjesus
    So what if he only has 3 posts!!
    How does that equate to not keen on looking for bugs??
    Not off topic at all, i'm pointing out your assumptions are all incorrect.

• @logansdadtoo see my post above.

• @oldmansutii
    No offence, but you are quoting Reddit users m8, so can only be taken with a pinch of salt!!

• @crusaderjesus @OldManSutii @LogansDadToo

While the selection algorithm may not have been perfect, it is always handy to have a select few "new" players in the Pioneer Programme to test some of the starting out on a voyage features and how they feel to a newer player. No valuable data is lost and the space taken up by the player is still useful in reporting telemetry back to Rare on how new users perceive the game and how quickly they progress.

• @logansdadtoo Mate you came here comments blazing protecting the guy who was only used as an example. It was ONLY an example about someone who has 3 posts in the forums and made it into pioneers which supported my claim that pioneer program is partialy random and everyone can eventually get in it. Also we have some reddit users who said they were selected randomly. I had a friend who never said anything about the game on the internet and was selected to pioneer. Sure you can get selected if you are active member of community but there were many players who were selected without any reason - mostly just to give them chance. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing.

• @crusaderjesus Hm. Let's say there is an amount of random selected Pioneers (I mean, why not. They will provide a good amount of data even without posting anything). But I do think that there is also a good amount of hand-selected people, because they also need guys who can report Bugs, who are willing to test one specific issue over and over. No Beta program would work without them.

I dont get now why you are arguing? Over what?

• @jcmdeadpool I didn't argue about anything. I just supported my claims. Logan started every argument.

• @logansdadtoo if that were the case then surely activity on Reddit would be irrelevant to eligibility for the program? You were the one that stated those not active here might be active there, among other places. Can't have it both ways bub.

@Musicmee true, but then a more reliable method of ensuring the new start flow would be a reset. There's no guarantee an individual who has not contributed in any manner, including telemetry due to them having not been in-game for more than an hour or two, will then proceed to be more active. Some of the posts I saw stated quite the opposite, that they had no intention of utilising their Pioneer access.

• @oldmansutii I cant comment too much on the current activity on the pioneer programme, but this may have already happened.

But in the earlier days of the programme, it would have been easier to have some Pirates that are more experienced AND those that are less experienced... to see how the gameplay goes for both kinds of players, rather than wipe everyone's progression and maybe never see that data.

• Pioneers are selected using a combination of survey feedback, play session time and other engagement metrics.

Pioneers who do not regularly participate or provide feedback will be cycled out.

• alt text

• @niqsun Look into your spam folder. Yes, again. XD

• @crusaderjesus I don't even got why does it matter how they are chosen. Heck they may have been chosen over their hardware survey too, because they needed some people with xy CPU to be on. They don't have to post anything, Rare can still collect data of their gameplay. How about you leave the salt in the sea? :)

Views
1 out of 130