New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.

Hello all! It is so awesome to see so many of you creating crews, fleets and guilds in order to find new friends to sail with. Whatever your play style, ge, gender, race, nationality or creed there is a group of people who are as excited to #bemorepirate as you are!

In order to maintain.. well, order, we are instituting a new rule that pirates who are not interested in joining a particular group not post in their recruitment threads.

Article 3 of the Pirate Code reminds us that disputes are settled upon the waves, so please keep that in mind when interacting with each other in the community!

@khaleesibot

Excellent new rule! Thank you for making this!

@khaleesibot Good point well made. Thank you

@khaleesibot Probably for the best, although i did enjoy reading the trash talk by diffrent crews haha!

But the codes the code and we must obey. :)

@knifelife Keep to the Code, the Code is the law. ;)

@katttruewalker We really do need the code on the games ships somewhere, will be like the tenets of the dark brotherhood.

Then we could find some place for oath breakers :P

@khaleesibot
    As this new rule is a direct response to recent happenings within various fleet/guild threads, i do see it's good intention.

That being said anything that happened within those threads is already covered by Articles 2 & 3 of the Pirate Code and therefore i don't think this new rule is necessary or rather it's definition is a bit too wibbly wobbly for my taste.

I don't intend to join any Fleet or Guild in the foreseeable future, yet i enjoy talking to my fellow Forum members in their recruitment threads - be it to further a discussion that helps in shaping their Fleet, congratulating new members or other things - and as long as nothing ill-minded is being said, i think one should be permitted to post in their threads.

@knifelife said in New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.:

@khaleesibot Probably for the best, although i did enjoy reading the trash talk by diffrent crews haha!

But the codes the code and we must obey. :)

Friendly banter between players is allowed on the forums. We understand that people have friendly rivalries, it's important and we don't want to stifle that. As long as people do not attack, bully or harass each other then banter away!

However, a recruitment thread is a place to find like-minded people so it should stay that way.

@thor-von-blitz said in New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.:

@khaleesibot
    As this new rule is a direct response to recent happenings within various fleet/guild threads, i do see it's good intention.

That being said anything that happened within those threads is already covered by Article 3 of the Pirate Code and therefore i don't think this is necessary or rather it's definition is a bit too wibbly wobbly for my taste.

I don't intend to join any Fleet or Guild in the foreseeable future, yet i enjoy talking to my fellow Forum members in their recruitment threads - be it to further a discussion that helps in shaping their Fleet, congratulating new members or other things - and as long as nothing ill-minded is being said, it think one should be permitted to post in their threads.

A recruitment thread is explicitly for people who are interested in joining a particular group. You can post in any other threads that the groups decide to make! There is also no rule stopping you from interacting with your friends in other parts of the forum, or privately congratulating them on their group's achievements!

@khaleesibot
    Fair enough.

I still feel that it's too strict and excluding (wibbly wobbly wasn't the right choice of words earlier) and that the good intention of it is well covered within Article 2 & 3, but i'll abide by the rules.

@khaleesibot Aye aye captain! Duly noted.

@khaleesibot this begs the question, how will guilds and fleets work in SoT? The only example o a group system we've seen is through the very restrictive match making system we saw during the Tech Alpha, which I am sure will be changing. It also limited us to 4 people per group, which if I have a massive ship I would think I'd need more than 4 people to join me. Just curious how that's all going to work out :/.

I will try to do my best to remember and be Conscious of this rule

L**O no way. BSS helping develop the forums for a better tomorrow.

Great rule! Happy to see this come about!

I am going to bump this thread as a reminder to all about the Crew Recruitment thread rules. If you have a recruitment thread and someone is not following this rule please flag it or send any Deckhand a message and we will look into it. Thanks!

Berry berry good

@khaleesibot said in New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.:

Whatever your play style, ge, gender, race, nationality or creed

As much as I love this post...
    alt text

I just want to be sure I completely understand... What is a "ge"?

@dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.:

I am going to bump this thread as a reminder to all about the Crew Recruitment thread rules. If you have a recruitment thread and someone is not following this rule please flag it or send any Deckhand a message and we will look into it. Thanks!

Yall are fast acting when it comes to removing posts. Appreciate all the hard work. =-)

I guess that recruitment threads count as the first Safe Zone introduced in SoT lol.

As a busy guy in rl I'm not going to be able to have a regular time slot for S.O.T . I'm not sure what to do. Pug crews I guess.

@monkeybone1981 It doesn't stop you from joining a crew/group.

The rule enforces people to restrain from off-topic posts in the recruitment threads.

@khaleesibot Article 3 of the Pirate Code
    Link is broken. Due to this can I have no info about rules for posts..... Can I open new threads in Russian language? We are biggest Russian community of SoT. Can I open threat same like this one just in Russian language to attract Russian players in game and on forum as well?

@syrio-forel
    Excellent name, well made! Thank you!
    I have to ask - are your sword skills as legendary as your name-sake??

Also... please tell me you sail with an Arya?!

@bu11butch3r
    Nothing in there about different language threads as far as i can see:

1. The sea calls us all (everyone welcome)
    2. The sea unites us as one community (all crews bond together out of battle)
    3. Disputes are settled upon the waves (sort it out in game!)
    4. All crewmates are equal (speak openly, work as a team, don't persecute)
    5. The crew bond is sacred (brig for griefers)
    6. Respect new pirates and the voyage ahead (let the experienced guide the newbies)
    7. Those who cheat shall be punished (no aim bots please!)

@sshteeve Not quite there yet but Im trying :)

@captain-n0ble said in New Rule: Do not post in recruitment threads for crews or fleets you do not want to join.:

As a busy guy in rl I'm not going to be able to have a regular time slot for S.O.T . I'm not sure what to do. Pug crews I guess.

@captain-n0ble any good club will not restrict to certain times. There are several clubs with a large number of people in them that someone is on 24/7 ...Look in forums here for a large club is you are worried about nobody being on when you play. :)

@khaleesibot ![text alternatif]([url de l'image](url du lien))

Building crews and guilds is a great idea but i would love it if Rare would build upon this concept with more customization of sails for recognizable guilds in game. Sails need to be extremely customizable by people the ability to change colors and logos/flags.