We're waving goodbye to the Technical Alpha

• Can’t wait to try the beta (even though I couldn’t get access to the technical alpha)

• @p0ny-warri0r
    You can use google translator to read and to write as I do;)

• @khaleesibot it is already 2108 and I'm not seeing anything Beta'ish... and really missing the rough seas, skeleton's and pirate battles....

But to be serious for just a minute - a great big thanks for the great Alpha experience and here's a mighty grog raised to all at Rare who have worked so hard to make this the game we are all eagerly waiting for in 2018 - roll on the Beta and the official launch!

• @krasniudiavol said in We're waving goodbye to the Technical Alpha:

@p0ny-warri0r
    You can use google translator to read and to write as I do;)

Google translate is not perfect, but it is a very useful tool to help give you (mostly) accurate translations into a language you are not very familiar with. Close enough that people will understand you, anyway!

• I had a lot of fun testing the alpha but i'm also exited for the next phase of Sea of Thieves.

See you in the beta!

• Really enjoyed the time I spent in the alpha, can't wait for the beta now. :)

• @nick-van-sloun Hello World

• When I originally signed up when the testing began, I said I was available for both platforms. I was selected on PC and didn't test much because my computer wasn't powerful enough. I would love to go in the Closed Beta in 2018 but on my new shiny Xbox One X.

Question - Will you either allow access to both platforms or allow us to re-pick which platform we have access to?

Thanks! Can't wait for the full game!

• So does it mean i can unistall the alpha? And does only some people gets to be founders?

• @felixen8 Anyone that took part in any of the alphas (anyone who signed up before December 1st) have all become founder members.

I wouldn't uninstall yet, just in case that alpha game is transitioned into the beta. We should find out more soon...

• Any idea when beta is? Also can I have a founder badge then?

• @selectanemone25 We still have no information on the beta, expect an announcement in the coming days/weeks.

Everyone who signed up before December 1st has become a founder member and got the badge. So you may have been just slightly too late for that badge.

• @khaleesibot I'm very proud of my badge :3

Any idea if closed beta in 2018 will be on PC as well?

• @pandoronk It will be PC and Xbox.

• @selectanemone25 said in We're waving goodbye to the Technical Alpha:

Any idea when beta is? Also can I have a founder badge then?

I hope that this month we can play the beta, the launch is in March so I don't think is too far fetched to think in a january beta

• @khaleesibot they need to add a thing where you can capture a pirate if u destroy their ship and make them walk the plank into sharks that spawn in

• I forgot to check my email and I missed the last play session😢

• @khaleesibot Still sad to see the alpha go. I had a blast. Thank you so much!

• We love you sea of thieves

• The alpha is where The Mad Pirates where made as a group we will miss the Alpha oh well it was fun time to move on to the beta and then to the full game.

• Cool so now we can play again in 10 days :D

• RIP WIll miss you

• Can’t wait for the closed beta thanks so much for all the test dates and this opportunity I can’t wait for March cheers! Thanks so much rare! :)

• @spookyrach Agreed with you there. I've enjoyed being a part of the TA, even if it was for a rather limited time due to assistive technology and the forums not exactly playing too well together. Look forward to seeing you on the high seas.

• Aye time fly's when ye be having rum🍺 Farewell Alpha

• @bedgroover72 And hello beta

• Thanks for the alpha session, can't wait for see the beta !

• Good bye Apha.. hello BETA!

• First post.

Can't wait to dive into the Closed Beta.

• So is what was in the Alpha what this game will be when released? Treasure hunts and skeleton bounty hunts? It will there be other activities?

• @khaleesibot said in We're waving goodbye to the Technical Alpha:

Ahoy there Pirates!

We hope those of you who had the opportunity to enjoyed your voyage this past week, and we’re so glad you could be part of the biggest and best Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha ever! We’ve had some epic stories shared with us, including an amazing gold haul!

Alas, as with all good things - we must bring the Technical Alpha to a close. Your feedback and the data you've generated in the past year of testing has helped get Sea of Thieves ship-shape. To thank you for your help during this stage in development, we’ve granted you the title of Founder!

BEING A FOUNDER

So what does being a Founder mean? Well other than sounding incredibly fancy you get:

• Guaranteed access to the Closed Beta in 2018 so you can continue your swashbuckling ways!
    • A brand new forum badge to show your fellow pirates you’re not to be trifled with.

With the end of the Technical Alpha means we’re going to be doing some general housekeeping in the Forums, there will be categories that merge, some that have become read only and categories that have disappeared. Our goal in this is to open up the forums to use as we noticed that some categories (Technical Alpha and Insider) were used disproportionately more than others.

We’ll be back in 2018 with information on the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta and even more sneak peeks for what’s coming in Sea of Thieves, so stay tuned!

• Cant wait pre ordered it last night!

• 530 replies... Why isn't this post Locked yet?

• Sad times I have really enjoyed this alpha now I have to wait 9 hole days to play it again lol

• @heyron88 Yeah dude i feel you ;)

Views
529 out of 530