Pirate Snake

• Inspired by some amazing sea of thieves and pirate artworks here on the forum I decide to make something special for my husband @Tartansnake-8.
    As some of you may already know he loves snakes and since (to my knowledge) there are no snakes on Snake Island I decided to make him his very own pirate snake!

Tartansnake pirate 1
     Tartansnake pirate 2
     Tartansnake pirate 3
    pirate accessories

This is the story behind the tartan snake….

Farquhar McHugh was a Scottish pirate who left his homeland of Scotland in search of rare and elusive snakes, rumored to inhabit a certain island in the middle of the ocean. He set off with a crew of likeminded pirates and they were soon sailing upon the great seas.

Farquhar loved his grog and would often pass away the time drinking, especially on long journeys such as this. So in no time he and his crew were staggering drunk, laughing, joking and puking about the ship.

With the sun in the air and a fair breeze blowing all was in their favour, but as the day turned to night the winds heightened and dark clouds rolled across the crimson skys.
    In an intoxicated mess Farquhar and his crew slept oblivious to the storm overhead and when Farquhar awoke he was no longer on his ship, his crew nowhere to be seen.

Groggy, he came to slowly registering that he must have crashed the boat and been washed ashore. Perhaps his crew might be somewhere about the island, he thought and as he got up he noticed a pile of bones scattered around the base of a tree. Inquisitive he kicked them with his foot and noticed that they looked like they once belonged to a snake.

Excited by this find Farquhar forgot about his crew and set about searching the island for more signs of snakes. He took short swigs from his hip flask which he found still safely tucked away in his pocket.

As hours passed searching and more drink consumed he eventually fell into a drunken stupor. Darkness crept across his eyes and claw shapes began to stretch out towards him from the ocean. Paralyzed he saw the witch of the sea emerge casting her eyes upon him. “You are a drunken fool!, she said and with that cursed him to forever remain on the island in the form of a snake.

To this day nobody knows what happened to Farquhar’s crew but other pirates will often tell stories of a certain island now known as Snake Island and of sightings of a rare tartan-like snake inhabiting it.

Views
  • This is so cool!!! Never seen a pirate snake before ;)

• @stacky-a That's wonderful! Both the story and the snakey pirate :D It really needs to be a part of Sea of Thieves lore.

• Thanks @Alyssiarose and @KattTruewalker - if it did become part of sea of thieves lore or if snakes were put on snake island I know someone who would be really happy! haha

• @stacky-a Coooooooool!

Although that's how I imagined @Tartansnake-8 looks!

• @musicmee haha thanks!

• @stacky-a That is very sweet!!
    I'm sure @Tartansnake-8 will be dreaming of the day when he finds these all over his beloved snake island!! :) lol

• @logansdadtoo Thanks! Haha yes, might just happen in his dreams at least.

• @stacky-a I've heard of a pirate parrot, pirate monkey, even a pirate cat, but nope... never heard of a pirate snake before!
    Loved the snake and the story! Very well done. I have nothing against snakes, in-fact I love 'em! cough

One session later on la pirate ship...
    https://youtu.be/dL3ZIc5IL2w

I'm Jones, @tartansnake-8 is Jock

• Thanks @Clumsy-George I am not a teacher, but similar, I work in a library so am surrounded by books and have always loved to read ( Not that I get to read much while working of course :) ).

@Sir-Kringle haha thanks and love the video! Snakes on a plane has been done so yeh maybe snakes on a ship! Haha.

• @stacky-a

This is an incredible piece of art and incredibly sweet of you to do something like this for your husband! Kudos to you.

• Yes, I'm lucky to have a talented wife who puts up with my love for snakes (but then I have to put up with her love for cats).

Farquhar will take pride of place in my cabin as I sail the high seas :-)

• @stacky-a Haha! Wooow! That turned out incredible :) Lovely design!

• Very very nice! I especially like the hat!

• This is awesome, it definetly needs to become an easter egg! :D

• @stacky-a That is amaaaaaaaaazing! Such a talent you have!

• That looks so AWESOME!

• Hahaha I love this! How adorable!!!

Well aren't you one crafty pirate?

So much talent going around on these 'ere forums.

Views
1 out of 18