Captaincy Ship Purchasing

• After the captaincy update, I'm wondering if after purchasing a ship, should I be careful with it? After seeing that damage to the ship is saved and needs to be repaired, I need to know if you lose the ship completely if it sinks. Would I have to buy another one?

Views
  • @goldwasp7633 Ahoy matey!

Never fear! If you lose your ship in any way or you scuttle your ship will be returned to your full patched up with planks, so if you want you can pay the Shipwright to restore the cosmetic damage or just set sail again as you are.

• @goldwasp7633 depending on what stuff you're trying to unlock for the ship you might even want to get your boat sunk.

All of the Bilge rat stuff is for having "bad" stuff happen to you.

I had a similar question initially, but it seems like the answer is: if you own a ship, there is no reason not to sail that ship unless you have either too many or too few crew for that boat.

You pay your money for the boat and from then on it's all advantages, no drawbacks. Except of course if every one of the potential crew would rather level up their own boat. Then you just need to have a quick discussion with them about why they are wrong and should crew your boat instead.

Views
2 out of 3