New player questions

• So I just started playing this game recently and i really love it, but when i logged out and got back on later, the mission my friend and i were journeying towards was gone. all progress removed. Is there any way to save at least quests or do you have to finish one before you log off?

Views
  • @chimaera3567 Ahoy matey!

Normal voyages need to be completed end to end before you log off... If you were doing a Tall Tale, however, you will be able to go back to a checkpoint.

• All gameplay is session based so anything you don't finish before logging off will reset when you log in again. This means finish voyages and cash in any loot.

The only thing that will save part way are the Tall Tales, which will have checkpoints that you need to reach and you can start from that point on your next session.

• @musicmee ok thank you

• @d3adst1ck
    I have noticed that once you activate the checkpoint it is lost, meaning players need to reach the next checkpoint before the session ends or else it’s back to the start.
    Is this correct, or have I messed up somewhere?

• @jw1066 when the game tells you checkpoint reached, you can just log off, or downvote the tale...then it's in your inventory, where the voyages are...just go to your voyage table again and start the take you want from the checkpoint you reached...any quest item you had from the checkpoint will appear on the table

• Hi @schwammlgott,
    I understand the process yet have noticed that if I activate the checkpoint it is lost forever as in I can’t access it again. I’m asking: Once I activate a checkpoint do I need to reach the next checkpoint before logging off to prevent me from losing progress?

• @jw1066 no...you can activate it over and over again until you reach the next checkpoint...
    What do you mean it's lost?

• @jw1066 if you mean, you activate it, but after that it isn't in your log anymore...sure...you have it activated on the table, so it can't be anymore in your log...vote it down again and it's back in your log again

• @schwammlgott
    I must have messed up somewhere, I activated my checkpoint for the second stage of shroudbreaker. Went off line before completing the next stage, came back the next day and had to start over! Not sure what that’s all about hence the question.

• @jw1066 said in New player questions:

@schwammlgott
    I must have messed up somewhere, I activated my checkpoint for the second stage of shroudbreaker. Went off line before completing the next stage, came back the next day and had to start over! Not sure what that’s all about hence the question.

Maybe vote the tale down before logging out next time, should work then...if the problem persists raise a support ticket

• Thanks @schwammlgott I’ll try that next time I’m on.

Views
1 out of 12