Megalodon issues.

• I keep having this issue where megalodons run away from my ship. I almost missed out on my first Ancient Terror because of this.

Views
  • @tr1angle4717 Ahoy matey!

The best thing to do is pull up the sails and avoid getting close to islands and rocks. That should keep the megalodon interested in your ship for longer!

• Most experienced players don't support a good old fashioned anchor but I always have on megs for a couple reasons

1. You anchor as soon as you hear meg music. This ensures you stay put in their territory

2. When the meg hits the ship not only does your ship not move far so it doesn't get out of their territory but also if for whatever reason you are flown from the ship it's much easier to get back on the ship for quick repairs as your boat won't move or drift as much. This is useful on those random overly aggressive megs that hit you often in a short amount of time.

You just let them circle and light them up you don't have to worry about steering or moving or getting pushed and they don't leave as long as you anchor when you first hear the noise or see them spawn. Both methods work it's just personal preference. With everything just try things out and see what is right for you but you're going to want to anchor or put sails up immediately whatever you choose to stay in the territory

• Alternatively you could full left or right turn and spin. You can pop shots regularly on the meg even if its going in the opposite direction.

Views
1 out of 4