Release animals from cages

• If you fancy a chicken as a pet, release it on your ship. It will wander around like any other pet. But with the added benefit of being able to eat it!

All aninals could be released.
    Even snakes!

Imagine trying to sail with a ship chock full of angry snakes!
    Now all you need to do is talk like samuel jackson!

Views
  • Free pets doesn't seem to be a good financial plan for a game that relies on selling pets

• I agree with @WolfManbush . It wouldn't be very beneficial to the players as it would give some an unfair advantage ( Getting poisoned, hitting an animal by accident).

Cool idea though!

• @wolfmanbush You really think that the ability to release killable chickens on your ship will cause a drop in sales of non-killable monkeys that dance to your shanties? Lol

@stryps3071tv OP is presumably talking about animals and cages that everyone has access to in-game. Not some pay-to-win, ladder-camping snake.

I probably would never make use of this, as I rarely even keep my purchased pets out. But I definitely don't see an issue with it.

• @wolfmanbush said in Release animals from cages:

Free pets doesn't seem to be a good financial plan for a game that relies on selling pets

Let rare worry about the financial plan of the game. They get paid to worry about such things, we dont.

• @stryps3071tv You could have baskets upon baskets of snakes now. How is that any different?

Id say it would give you an unfair disadvantage not an advantage. How can a ship full of snakes benefit you? They'd negate any benefit you receive whilst away by the hell they cause as you operate the ship.

• i would like to be able to release pets if i have picked up the " wrong " pet... You know the feeling ? You are chasing a black feathered chicken and just when you click your catch button a red feathered chicken crosses your path. Result , you catched the wrong chicken and you don't have enough coops ... Then you need to kill the wrong chicken and exactly that , is the only thing i hate about SOT , i don't kill animals in real life and eventhough i know it's a game , and my feeling might be called silly , i still don't like to kill something needlessly.

• @clumsy-george idk if you know it but you can walk up to an animal really close without scaring it. it also works with snakes while carrying them in a basket.

Views
1 out of 8