3 Modes for the game

• I really feel this game needs 3 modes of play...

1. Arena (but this mode needs to be tweaked)
    2. Pirate Adventure; PVP, exactly how it is right now for Adventure, except better loot, high risk, high reward.
    3. Casual Adventure; No PVP, you can't kill other players or damage their ship. You can still have alliances and share loot. You can still battle together all the regular PVE, just not other players. But, the loot is less. Low risk, low reward.
    Views
  • Why would anyone try to get loot in Pirate Adventure when Casual Adventure is available? This isn't going to happen.

The best you can hope for is that they come up with some separate mode that is PvE only but isn't just a copy of Adventure, and with the team abandoning a separate mode already (Arena) in order to focus solely on Adventure, you likely won't see that either.

Also there is a megathread for this never ending discussion.

• @d3adst1ck I covered why you would still choose to play Pirate versus Casual... the loot would be significantly different. For example... a ruby in Pirate would get you 5000 gold, but in Casual it would only get you 500 gold. There are very easy ways to incentivize playing Pirate versus Casual. But there is a mega thread because so many players out there, like myself, enjoy playing the game, but do not enjoy others spoiling our fun. We want to play casually. There is a huge following for this... because it's something a lot of people want. If you're creating a game that people will enjoy, wouldn't you take into account something that a lot of your fans would enjoy?

• @myfeistykiwi said in 3 Modes for the game:

I really feel this game needs 3 modes of play...

2. Pirate Adventure; PVP, exactly how it is right now for Adventure, except better loot, high risk, high reward.
    3. Casual Adventure; No PVP, you can't kill other players or damage their ship. You can still have alliances and share loot. You can still battle together all the regular PVE, just not other players. But, the loot is less. Low risk, low reward.

There is a megathread for this.
    In all seriousness though if you want a sailing game without pvp but with exploration and adventure Atlas is a much better game.

SOT is meant to have pvp and pve.
    Without pvp its just a really boring watered down singleplayer atlas without crafting.

Also, if progression crosses over, it would kill the current pvevp game mode so thats a big no no from me.

• @myfeistykiwi The majority of players enjoy the game as it is. Creating a duplicate of all of your work in order to placate a minority is wasting time that could be spent adding more to the Adventure mode that everyone already plays.

Like I said, if you want to play casually then campaign for a separate game mode that is PvE but not Adventure and you'd likely have better luck.

• Why should some pirates enjoy rewards without any risk of piracy from other players, when other pirates had no choice?

Rare already knows more options does not make a game better.
    Arena was outsourced, now it wont get any updates.
    They stated they will focus on the PvEvP core concept.

• @daringclarky I'm not sure why so many people dismiss this idea of a casual version of this game. They have already mentioned a sandbox mode. I get that you all love the game for the PVP, but that doesn't mean everyone does. And clearly, I am not alone on this matter. There is a MEGA thread devoted to this topic (which I didn't know about when I originally posted this), so clearly enough people want this type of gameplay. Not in another game, in this game. If you don't want it, okay, no one says you have to play that mode! Why fight something that no one is saying you have to play?

I really feel this game needs 3 modes of play...

#3 that should be a single player mode, expand Maiden Voyage into full single player, maybe LAN party option

@daringclarky I'm not sure why so many people dismiss this idea of a casual version of this game. They have already mentioned a sandbox mode. I get that you all love the game for the PVP, but that doesn't mean everyone does. And clearly, I am not alone on this matter. There is a MEGA thread devoted to this topic (which I didn't know about when I originally posted this), so clearly enough people want this type of gameplay. Not in another game, in this game. If you don't want it, okay, no one says you have to play that mode! Why fight something that no one is saying you have to play?

The main reason it wouldnt work os because you would hop into casual mode and farm FOTD events.

Then that means regular mode (the game i play) is just full of ships looking for fights.

The whole experience of ship interaction is a lot less complex and more straightforward. The whole experience watered down just because noobs cant use their spyglass and like to chill kn an island for an hour with no regard for their ship.

Its a sure fire way to turn the game into garbage.

Its not just about your playstyle or mine its about everyones.

Why fight something that no one is saying you have to play?

Because offering the exact same game with no risk is going to pull people away from the mode that we play. It dilutes the player encounters and makes it less likely to encounter ships on the seas carrying anything at all. The game devolves into a bunch of empty ships shooting at each other, which is not the game that we have been playing for the last 3 years.

Stop trying to ask for something that will impact the game mode that most of the players enjoy, and ask for something that works as an addition.

• @myfeistykiwi Ahoy, going to be dropping anchor on this thread as we have a dedicated Mega thread here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/126843/mega-thread-pvp-and-pve-playstyle-discussion

Views
1 out of 11