Aggresive NPC btw

• Soooo I and my friend just encountered a skeleton sloop. The second we got close to it and the skeleton sloop saw us. The second it saw us, the skeleton sloop turned around and started fleeing. We are just here laughing and screaming AGGRESIVE NPC BTW, but the skeleton sloop just keeps fleeing. We chase it in a straight line for 5 minutes, after finally, it flees so far away from its spawn point that it despawns and submerges back under water. So yeah uhh... aggressive npc world event btw??? i guess they had a lot of loot they wanted to vendor

Views
    skeleton sloopgameplaybug
  • @noctiss-season2 Ahoy matey!

Sounds like they got off lightly this time.

If you want an emergent skeleton ship to fight back the best thing to do is either;

• Fire a shot and hit it
    • Try board it
    • Crash into it

Emergent skeleton ships tend not to engage with you unless you do one of the above, just to give solo sloopers a chance to evade them.

Skeleton ships that spawn on you or the ones found at the skeleton ship cloud are very different and will not be so kind to you!

• @noctiss-season2 they didn't flee, they didn't even care for you...they just followed theyr route...
    As @Musicmee said, if you wanna fight them shoot/ram/board them

But nice, you had a good laugh

• huh that's interesting. Well yeah since they were in front of us we couldn't hit them with cannon but i hit like 2 of the skeleton crew with sniper rifle and they just didn't gif much fk bout it. But dang i thought skeletons always wanna engage

• @noctiss-season2 said in Aggresive NPC btw:

huh that's interesting. Well yeah since they were in front of us we couldn't hit them with cannon but i hit like 2 of the skeleton crew with sniper rifle and they just didn't gif much fk bout it. But dang i thought skeletons always wanna engage

As long as you don't hear the music, they won't attack back...

• @noctiss-season2
    i think hitting them with the harpoon also aggravates them

• I remember a time when skeleton ships would just brutally attack you when you got too close, I believe there were complaints about this and they nerfed the skeleton ships to not attack unless engaged. However, you can still get the occasional event where a skeleton ship spawns on you like the meg or participate in the "Battle of the Sea of Thieves" events.

Views
skeleton sloopgameplaybug
1 out of 7