How long do things stay on land?

• Like what is the real answer?

I was always told it was as long as you stay connected to the sever...is this not true?

I hid a Storage Crate on Golden Sands and it de spawned somewhere between 1 and 2 hours.

Or did someone find it? I severely doubt it. It was stashed.

How long will a Robot stay a float?

How long will a Storage Crate stay on land?

How long would a storage crate in a row boat stay?

How long would a chest on an island stay there after I place it?

Views
  • @glannigan said in How long do things stay on land?:

Like what is the real answer?

I was always told it was as long as you stay connected to the sever...is this not true?

I hid a Storage Crate on Golden Sands and it de spawned somewhere between 1 and 2 hours.

i think untill someone picks them up at the outpost when they spawn after they sink idk you'll have to test

• I've hid stuff on land for hours and it even survived server changes

I don't think I've ever had anything I've hid despawn while I was on the server up to a few hours

When I shoot off the boat for supplies and captains I leave ashen keys on the island and just remember which islands in case I get an ashen chest and none of those have ever despawned either

• @closinghare208 In the 10 months I've played daily, I've never seen anything de-spawn on land (or in rowboats for that matter). It could be that things despawn during server merges, especially when no one is around that item. Also remember that if you try to hide something, there is a distinct white flash of the item that's sometimes visible through the shrubs. It could have been picked up.

• Am I the only one with Bob Dylan stuck in my head singing Blowin' in the Wind ?

• @glannigan said in How long do things stay on land?:

Like what is the real answer?

Rowboats despawn fairly fast, I always used my row boat to stash loot if sunk in a "safe" place. Almost every time I go back the loot is there but the boat isnt. I know no one stole the rowboat but left my loot so yeah. Loot however I've never had despawn, unless floating in water of course.

• @jeroenix The storage crates don't leave that glint I believe. Just treasure... and sometimes empty treasure chests ARG

Views
1 out of 7