Weird choice of Game improvement

• Consistent major gamebreaking issues are still a thing, for example hitreg and falling mast bug.
    But rather spent resources and time developing some useless Battlepass or more for the Pirate emporium?
    Yikes.

Views
  • Every game has its Hitreg, some players encounter it while others dont.
    What falling mast bug? Are you getting it by a chain ball?

• @boneskill4786 said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Consistent major gamebreaking issues are still a thing, for example hitreg and falling mast bug.
    But rather spent resources and time developing some useless Battlepass or more for the Pirate emporium?
    Yikes.

give em time they fix those bugs and hit reg soon

• @burnbacon said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Every game has its Hitreg, some players encounter it while others dont.

the one were they shoot it before they can get it back up

• they're doing as best as they can tbh, with this recent deley they discovered an issue which was fixed and should help with stuff, hitreg however is not that easy to fix

• @lorenz-sinclair said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

they're doing as best as they can tbh, with this recent deley they discovered an issue which was fixed and should help with stuff, hitreg however is not that easy to fix

yeah

• Hitreg fix isn't coming anytime soon, the falling mast bug (the one I am assuming you talk about where on some clients the mast is falling after they pull it up and on other clients its not falling and they can repair it.) Has messed my crew up more times than I can count in naval.

• @closinghare208

Hitreg has been broken for 3 years, i really don't think it will get fixed soon

• @itz-majman said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

@closinghare208

Hitreg has been broken for 3 years, i really don't think it will get fixed soon

it might you never know

• @closinghare208 said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

@burnbacon said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Is that a bug tho?

Seems kinda realistic to me that you cant raise a mast if it gets hit by a cannonball

• @jollyolsteamed said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

@closinghare208 said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Is that a bug tho?

Seems kinda realistic to me that you cant raise a mast if it gets hit by a cannonball

I don't really get that too...what exactly is that bug about?

@ClosingHare208

Is that a bug tho?

idk i thought the one i saw is that the other ship just hits it over and over

@jollyolsteamed said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Is that a bug tho?

yeah but i think thats the same as someone shooting right under the cannon keeping someone from using the cannon so im not sure its a bug tho idk

Is that a bug tho?

yeah but i think thats the same as someone shooting right under the cannon keeping someone from using the cannon so im not sure its a bug tho idk

yeah it could be or people are using a tatic where they shoot the mast to keep them immoble

Is that a bug tho?

yeah it could be or people are using a tatic where they shoot the mast to keep them immoble

Yeah and if they consistently hit that stick shaped target i think good on them

Is that a bug tho?

Yeah and if they consistently hit that stick shaped target i think good on them

true

• Hitreg is an issue but yeah can't be fixed easy, although I do agree they need to look into it more because this recent update has been horrible. Unsure if its the servers or code, I'm putting it more on the servers not registering my shots, or registering them and giving me a hitmarker but it didn't hit. In arena, I shot a dude 3x but he told me only 1 hit. Makes no sense.

The only mast bug I've come across is when it drops and you pull it up but it doesn't let you repair it and before anyone says 'they must of hit it again' nope not when I'm a fair distance away from them cos they didn't raise sail to slow down and shot past me. It literally doesn't let you repair, you have to let it drop again and pull it back up.

• @josephtodd said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Hitreg is an issue but yeah can't be fixed easy, although I do agree they need to look into it more because this recent update has been horrible. Unsure if its the servers or code, I'm putting it more on the servers not registering my shots, or registering them and giving me a hitmarker but it didn't hit. In arena, I shot a dude 3x but he told me only 1 hit. Makes no sense.

The only mast bug I've come across is when it drops and you pull it up but it doesn't let you repair it and before anyone says 'they must of hit it again' nope not when I'm a fair distance away from them cos they didn't raise sail to slow down and shot past me. It literally doesn't let you repair, you have to let it drop again and pull it back up.

I've run into that one where it is up but cant repair it until i let it drop and pull it back up again

@josephtodd said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

Hitreg is an issue but yeah can't be fixed easy, although I do agree they need to look into it more because this recent update has been horrible. Unsure if its the servers or code, I'm putting it more on the servers not registering my shots, or registering them and giving me a hitmarker but it didn't hit. In arena, I shot a dude 3x but he told me only 1 hit. Makes no sense.

I've run into that one where it is up but cant repair it until i let it drop and pull it back up again

It's also when you catch it as it's falling but you can't repair it until you let it hit the deck.

• @closinghare208 why would you assume that? They’ve literally said that they’ve been working on hitreg for about a year now and no improvement has been made.

• I think that hitreg or the perception of hitreg is also entwined somewhat with ping so is not completely fixable with all the other sea/ship mechanics going on at the same time.. It's not an easy fix anyway! I don't find it an issue much but i'm not much of a tryhard either, I'm in it more for the adventure and giggles.

• @boogyghost101 said in Weird choice of Game improvement:

@closinghare208 why would you assume that? They’ve literally said that they’ve been working on hitreg for about a year now and no improvement has been made.

why not fix it soon

• @boogyghost101 "Saying" and "doing" are 2 different things. The only factual thing I see comming in the future is that Battlepass, no fix of gamedestroying bugs like hitreg or the mast bug mentioned below.
    Not saying its easy to fix, but doesn't feel like they are working on it.

It's also when you catch it as it's falling but you can't repair it until you let it hit the deck.

• hitreg reflects the accuracy of guns of that time :D

• I started to read this post as i'm watching someone stream and this literally just happened so I'd thought id clip it and post here haha....

Lets be honest hear.... hitreg is broke and by the look of things they will never be able to fix it... We all play a broken game and need to get used to it.. I just wish the devs would admit to it rather than Joe Neate always claiming that they 'have made some significant improvements to hitreg'...

You can literally see him dying inside as he says it knowing he is just outright lying haha then the quote is followed by dozens of meme videos with him saying it's fix followed by the worst hitreg clips to ever exists in this universe ....

JUST SAY IT JOE! SCREAM IT FROM THE HILLS! ILL DO IT WITH YOU... "HITREG WILL NEVER BE FIXED BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!! NOW BUY SOME MORE MONKEYS AND PIPE DOWN"

Views
21 out of 25