Dont be this guy.

• Was solo sailing a brigantine and pulled up at an outpost
    to cash in. Had a big haul so was there a while but nearby on an island there was a solo slooper doing a flame skeleton lord event.

I sailed over, clipped his sail with chain and proceeded to sink the ship.

He messaged "Eh, why?"
    I replied "Pirate".

Heres the thing.

I was parked in sight as a brig.
    Every lantern on because my cosmetics are so bright (Collectors frozen horizon) that i stand out massively so might as well.

I was also there a while as was he.

This solo slooper simply never bothered to check now and then for another ship and then got frustrated at me for sinking his ship.

In reality this would be avoided of he checked his surroundings every now and then.

Dont be that guy.
    Use your spyglass and i wouldnt of stood a chance. Not against a sloop as a solo brig. I wasnt in the mood to chase either so he would of got away.

Views
  • @daringclarky fully agree

to add to this dont be this guys:

we were GH 5 emissarys, started the bonus quest, sloop suprised us beeing a liitle lazy at the morning.
    we sunk lost a good haul - sunk a sllop at a vault before and did a vault by ourselves, plus some of the bonus quest loot already. Because we got caught on wrong foot we set sail to get it back and we made it, chased the sloop, they were good, boarded, even one time kegged us with a keg floating around, but we sticked on them and in the end sunk them, got all our loot back plus loot and additional other emissary flags and their Repaer 4 flag and when one finally died boarding us and his ship was sunk i said GG well played and he started insulting us: Not GG you f... noob you are trash and more bad things and f-words.
    Dont be that guys, really it makes you look like fools.

• Yesterday I had a similar kind of a fight with a galleon, which was really unexpectedly successful despite we were just two people on the sloop and I was on the wheel, allowing my newcomer into the game friend to have some fun (I certainly shoot cannons better than she).

I think, those guys were newbie players too - because noone in sane mind wouth wave the Reaper's Mark flag, park galleon on the island with noone on it, with full sails and dropped anchor. And they allowed us to get close, comfortly stop with their ship in the sight on the point blank distance and start shooting without any response to the first 5 shots.

Sure, there wasn't very much loot left from them after they sunk, but that was like first PVP victim for my friend at all and first really worthy target for me (previous one was a solo slooper diving for the Reaper's bounty).

So, yeah, don't be those type of guys.

• @daringclarky said in Dont be this guy.:

Was solo sailing a brigantine and pulled up at an outpost
    to cash in. Had a big haul so was there a while but nearby on an island there was a solo slooper doing a flame skeleton lord event.

I sailed over, clipped his sail with chain and proceeded to sink the ship.

He messaged "Eh, why?"
    I replied "Pirate".

Heres the thing.

I was parked in sight as a brig.
    Every lantern on because my cosmetics are so bright (Collectors frozen horizon) that i stand out massively so might as well.

I was also there a while as was he.

This solo slooper simply never bothered to check now and then for another ship and then got frustrated at me for sinking his ship.

In reality this would be avoided of he checked his surroundings every now and then.

Dont be that guy.
    Use your spyglass and i wouldnt of stood a chance. Not against a sloop as a solo brig. I wasnt in the mood to chase either so he would of got away.

aye

Views
3 out of 4