Company Emissary Grades Lost?

• I just bought the game 4 days ago and I'm having a blast, and I've just found out about Emissary Flags. I'm especially fond of the Reaper Bones since they take anything, and killing people give you value (if they are flying a different flag), along with selling treasure to them. I'm assuming that at a certain value, you get a grade and get increased money from selling treasure to that company, but when my ship was sunk after a while it said "Grade lost," but I saw the current value I had (around 40k) was still there. Can anyone explain the thresholds of each grade and if you keep the grade across servers/sessions?

Views
  • @mach3tictac

You emissary grade starts at 1, maxes out at 5, and determines your current loot/rep multiplier for your emissary company (nothing at rank 1, +150% at rank 5). You can increase your emissary grade by doing things your company likes (such as digging up chests for gold hoarders). Like most things in Sea of Thieves, emissary grades are limited to your current session; you lose your emissary grade when you log off (or your ship sinks). This means that you should vote to lower your emissary flag when you're finished, as this will give you a final lump sum of additional gold and reputation.

Your emissary value, on the other hand, persists until it is reset at the end of every month: that's the 40k you mentioned. If your emissary value hits a specific milestone (it varies on a month-to-month basis), you may be rewarded with special cosmetics at the end of the month; they're currently company-themed sails.

You can find more info here: https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Trading_Company_Emissaries

Views
1 out of 2