Your "thats got to be the best pirate I ever seen" moment.

• One moment that would make others say "that's got to be the best pirate I ever seen".
    I sailed up on an fellow sloop docked at a large island. Scooped out thier ship, no one was aboard. I boarded loaded up thier row boat with thier loot. Which included box of fine bone dust, captains skull , tome of resurrection, and a stronghold keg. A few other regular trinkets. I dropped the boat attached it to mine and took off just as they arrived back. They gave chase. They caught up to me. We released our canons on each other, I made a few good hits. Sending one to the ferry. They broke my mast. But with one aboard couldn't turn in time. I made the repairs and took off. They gave chase. I looked in the distance and spotted another sloop. I sailed straight at them. They were legends judging by thier sails. They fired at me but missed. I angled my ship and they ended up crashing into the ship chasing me. I looked back as they engaged each other. I escaped into the roar. Sold the loot and celebrated.

Views
  • Mine is kind of similar. I was on a sloop with my friend and we formed an alliance with a 4-man galleon. They were hunting Reapers Mark ships. We went to Plunder Ourpost, sword dashed to the ship, and sloop-scooped it for about 30 seconds, and then sunk it!

• I've seen a lot of cool stuff out there but the other day I had one that I enjoyed quite a bit

Legend of the Crab Lord:

Load into an open crew brig
    2 new players using typing to communicate
    We go to do a fort and mid way a hostile Galleon and a Brig come to attack.
    Nobody is particularly skilled there are just a lot of swords a spammin' and blunders a blazin'
    Ships are sinkin' and returnin' it's just a little fun battle between multiple ships.

At one point I row a keg after an escaping galleon who is low on supplies and end up sinking them at a seapost then they hide their loot at the seapost then everyone is fighting over loot not worth fighting over at the seapost and the fight goes on and on nothing too special at this point

during this I spot a sloop hiding near the fort. I tell the team of new players that there will be a tucker or 2 at the fort if we ever finish it. Of course they have no real idea what that means or what that's gonna look like when we open the vault

We sink everyone and return. (Keep in mind these tuckers have been sitting there over an hour at this point)

Open the vault then the blunderbombs fly
    Somehow 1 of the tuckers fails to blow kegs with 4 blunderbombs
    Everyone ends up dead at first (at this point only 1 pvper confirmed)
    I say "you the guy on the sloop?" he says "no", which means yes in pirate talk

This is where it gets good.
    Sloop pulls up (now a second pvper on board) and the fight begins
    They are skilled, Not missing any shots, quick firing, skilled dodging, etc
    He and I go at it a few times he gets the kills so I go to plan B for efficiency and target the sloop with the stronghold keg

I kill this guy 0 times in combat as an experienced player but Crab Lord is somehow wrecking this guy while repairing.

I hit the sloop with the stronghold to slow them down
    PVPer #1 is hilariously raging at this point on the ferry
    "bleebity bleep bleep YOU'RE SO LUCKY..... YOU ALL SUCK.... THIS CRAB LORD KEEPS KILLING ME The CRAB LORD IS BETTER THAN YOU HOWWWWW"

This dude is losing his mind over losing to a crab lord repeatedly while he keeps storming the boat. (I legit have no idea how Crabby is pulling it off but he's pulling it off)

I finish off the sloop with fort cannons and they sink.

I take a rowboat with the loot to an outpost and send Crab Lord and the other crew mate in an opposite direction to distract the raging return of the sloop

Crab Lord saves the day and has got to be the best pirate I have ever seen

• had a good one tonight

• @paladindh My top moment was a skull fort where I was hiding on a tower. When the galleon crew was done with it, they brought some of the loot on board, and a stronghold keg (I thought: "that'll save me some cannonballs").

I got ready to sink it and take the loot when another ship, a brigantine showed up and fired, only once or twice, at the galleon. I sniped the stronghold keg, thereby sinking the galleon, then used the stationary cannon on the brigantine. I kept hitting it until it backed away a bit. Swam over with a keg, and set it off right in between their hull and my face.

Back in my nearby hidden ship I returned to the fort, ready to engage the brigantine, when the galleon returned. Apparently the galleon crew thought the brigantine was responsible for their earlier demise, and probably thought the brigantine had their loot!

As they fought in the distance, I got the good stuff out of the vault and hightailed towards the nearest outpost. With loot sold, I couldn't resist returning and sailing past the "victorious" galleon close by with tankard raised, saying "I've got the Stronghold Chest!"

It was one of those moments where nothing went as planned, but turned out OK. :)

Views
1 out of 5