The trick to taking out skelly ships on a solo brigantine

• I have days where i love solo slooping but most days its the brigantine for me.

You are a glass cannon but a very fast one.

Anyways i was fighting a skeleton galleon and realized how to perfectly take one out.

The trick is to full left or right turn into them. With BOTH sails down.

With just the main sail down i took a lot of hits, almost sank. With both down, i got infront of it and allowed me to repair.

You have either do one of two things.

For an easy kill just drop kegs off the back. They will sail into them and sink as they copy your moves.

If you dont fancy keeping kegs then raise main sail to increase turning circle and just before the gally can broadside you, lower main.

Youll basically be able to hit them without them hitting you.

Repeat til sunk.

As a benefit, a sloop came by to try and kill me. I harpooned all the loot and was able to make a quick getaway.

I think thats why it appeals to me.
    Being the fastest thing on the sea makes me feel like a smuggler of sorts. Ill never be stuck in a ship chase when i dont want to me :)

Anyways thats how i kill skelly ships on a solo brig.
    Works on fleets too.

Your only downfall is anchorball.
    Of hit by one stop everything and raise anchor. Your speed is what keeps you alive.

Eventually your ship will drift into that sweet spot where you can hit them by manipulating the main mast and they cant hit you.

Views
1 out of 1