Simple trip turned Difficult

• I am, notably, a BAD pirate. I enjoy fair play, I hate starting fights, stealing, griefing, hassling people both new and old. I much prefer to share my loot with those who are kind and avoiding the cruel when I can. Yes, I support the idea of PvE servers because we shouldn't force our idea of entertainment onto others who do not feel the same. Why play Sea of Thieves, you may ask? Because it is the best sailing game on Xbox I can play with my friends. We enjoy sailing, doing voyages, and just hanging out together in the setting.
    That said, after finishing a lengthy Merchant Alliance series of voyages to get my girlfriend up to Legend we decided to head to the Arena Outpost in the center of the map to view an Easter Egg. We decided to stop by the Ancient Spire Outpost to remove our emissary as we did not wish for others to benefit from our hard work.
    At Ancient Spire a newly formed Brig was waiting, harvesting supplies, and getting ready for their adventure. Not wishing for conflict, we told them we did not wish for combat, but they ignored us and we allowed them to draw first blood. A mistake, to be sure.
    While my partner and I waited to spawn they deigned to attack our ship, search it for not existent loot, and spit on our honor. We could not stand for this. My friend worked on repairing the ship while I roused the rabble from their battle trance by showing them the finesse of a Pirate Legend! Firing myself upon their ship, I quickly killed their cannoneers and their helmsman. It was simple, they did not even draw blood despite their lackluster "Hipfire Blunderbuss" strategy.
    I wished to put the fear of interference into them as they would hopefully realized they were outmatched. No such luck, however. They returned, I killed them. They returned, I killed them. Buying time for my friend to set sail and escape. However, an ambush of the Skeleton Sloop called me away for my need to protect my ally was greater than my hate of these lowly ruffians.
    Realizing that their crew needs to kill me, due to the lack of a mermaid showing up to help me return to my ship, I ran to the prow in order to prompt them to finally kill me on their own. After a short time, they realized where the pointy end of the blade is supposed to go and finally sent me to the Ferryman where I returned to my ship and ridded it of the Skeleton Sloop.
    Believing ourselves free from this unwanted encounter we continued on our journey. Though, sadly, the enemies that we have made took insult to us not only surviving their assault but killing them no less than seven time on their own ship in response to their attack. They managed to recover and set sail to follow us, which was also a notable mistake.
    While my partner sniped at them to keep them off cannons I turned us into the wind and gathered one of our hidden gunpowder barrels. Allowing them to get close they attempted to harpoon us, which drew them close enough to leap from my mast to their ship. Lighting the fuse and fighting them to allow it to blow, I sacrificed myself to hinder them.
    My partner managed to escape while they returned and repaired and I set forward on another trap, at this point determined to mess with them as much as possible before they lost interest. Apparently, we are very interesting to them as they followed us for another 15 minutes into the wind, them losing speed as I decided to play around with my cursed cannonballs.
    Loading up an Anchorball I turned the ship with the wind to allow them to catch up, allowing them to believe they were gaining. In their mind I'm sure ramming us was a brilliant idea. The three of them couldn't kill me alone, to surely the three of them with my ally could stand a chance? No, they rammed, boarded, died, and then I dropped their anchor with the ball and watched as the last one tried to raise it again.
    Growing bored of them, and disheartened by their lack of survival instincts I turned towards the wind once more and simply sailed as they lost interest and eventually turned away.
    I do not claim to be a wonderful fighter in the Sea. I often try to avoid conflict and my skills specialize in fleeing combat. It's rare that I find foes that I dominate so completely and I admit I enjoyed it.
    I hope that in the future they give other pirates some birth as many of us do not wish to be assaulted while simply travelling from one spot to the next. That said, this was a tale that I determined should be told again, and I hope you enjoyed.

Views
1 out of 1