Solo kill gold hoarder without dying!

• The not dying once part is important.

Any tips to solo kill the gold hoarder?

Ive read somewhere to kill the shooting skellies and leave melee skellies only as there is a max spawn limit and its more manageable.

But does ship size matter or just crew size?

If i turn up on a solo brigantine will he have the same hp as a solo slooper?

Views
  • I've never gone to the Shores of Gold myself. Sorry.

• Nobody else got any tips?

• I believe it as you said. And your “ship” status sets the difficulty. As it does the same with ghost fleet and there aiming.

Solo brig, it treat you as if three pirates. Best go in as sloop. Try to bring a keg with you :/

• I found that killing ashen lords over and over and over again solo really brought up my solo deathless boss killing skills quite a bit since it took so long pre-nerf (current lords are still good practice solo)

gold hoarder and fort boss etc just seemed easier and quicker to do after that

Doing something similar but harder than you are training to do often times makes things go smoother. I'd do an ashen lord as a warm up before you go after the hoarder

• I ended up placing EOR shots on him from the bridge.

Quite comically i jump from side to side and they change direction.
    It was pretty funny.
    Only got hit a few times.

Also if i kill the shooting skellies and leave the sword skellies eventually there will only be sword skellies making it even easier.

Ended up cancelling TT after placed gold hoarder key and was able to kill him multiple times without leaving the island.

The no dying part is important because u respawn on your ship if the TT has been cancelled.

Thanks for the tips guys.

• @daringclarky I did it the other day while trying to solo shores of gold.

Always keep your self at %100 HP, check barrels for food there are alot of them. I used blunder for damage there are ammo creates around the area too. I just get in blunder face get out didnt even use my sword on it. If you feel unconfortable you can use eye of the reach to snipe him. will take longer. Forget about your sword in that fight unless you wana kill the add skellies.

• Come on. I did half of my Tall Tales without any checkpoints, and the community has figured out a way to get tons of Gold Hoarder skulls without doing the Tall Tale over and over again? sigh I guess I’ll just cry with my Gold Hoarder Curse on...

• I just ran around in circles only shooting the Gold Hoarder and ignoring everything else. I use sniper and pistol. There are two ammo crates to refill in the circular path.
    I didn't find him particularly hard the second to fifth time around :)

• @arctroopachedda said in Solo kill gold hoarder without dying!:

Come on. I did half of my Tall Tales without any checkpoints, and the community has figured out a way to get tons of Gold Hoarder skulls without doing the Tall Tale over and over again? sigh I guess I’ll just cry with my Gold Hoarder Curse on...

Theres no harm in playing with checkpoints.

• @tbg-drakhan said in Solo kill gold hoarder without dying!:

@daringclarky I did it the other day while trying to solo shores of gold.

Always keep your self at %100 HP, check barrels for food there are alot of them. I used blunder for damage there are ammo creates around the area too. I just get in blunder face get out didnt even use my sword on it. If you feel unconfortable you can use eye of the reach to snipe him. will take longer. Forget about your sword in that fight unless you wana kill the add skellies.

How long did it take you to end him with blunder?

• @daringclarky It was more just a jest. I definitely used the checkpoints after they were implemented heavily. In fact, I currently have a checkpoint for the Shores of Gold, just in case...

Views
1 out of 12