First Sail with my Significant Other

• So my significant other got a Series S xbox for an early Christmas gift and always wanted to play SoT. I've been playing since April, so I was excited to sail with her. Our first outing was nothing short of lucky and magical.

First I helped her do the initial obligatory Gold Hoarder voyage to the nearby island from Dagger Tooth. Then I loaded up on some voyages to do. One of them took us to an island with an Ashen Guardian. We kill him and he drops a key, so I say "oh cool, let's go back to the outpost and I'll get a chest voyage." So we do, load it up and start checking the map for the island it's on. Neither of us can find it, but then I noticed the island on the map looks like the outpost we were already on and I think "there's no way..." but lo and behold the chest was buried on the outpost. I didn't even know that was possible.

After that bit of magic, we go on a voyage for four skeleton captains. In between islands, we find and kill her first megaladon, a Shadowmaw. After we finish the voyage, a second Shadowmaw appears. We kill it but as I'm out getting the treasure, two enemy pirates managed to board our ship (they must have cannoned over because we didn't see a ship). So while they're distracted with her, I climb up to our crow's nest where we had stored half a dozen gunpowder kegs. I grab one, light it, drop and blow them both away. I tell her "as soon as you respawn, start bailing water." When I respawn, I start bringing up anchor and see the enemy ship coming up behind us. She takes the helm and we're off. They're gaining on us since they're in a brig and we're a sloop, so I go up to the crow's nest again and grab another keg. I think they saw me coming because before I jumped into the water, they started turning and I only got the left side of their ship, but it was enough for us to gain a distance and turn down wind. After a few minutes, they give up the chase and we head for the nearest outpost. It felt so good to get one over on them and she did great at the helm.

Excited to make more tales with her.

Views
  • ashen guardian dropped a key?

that really is lucky and magical

Views
1 out of 2