H2H Combat Tips/Tricks?

• PVP Combat is the portion that seems to elude. Had a Crew of 4 fighting one other player who cut us down despite continuing sword slashes, blunder-bombs, and at least two subsequent point-blank blunderbuss shots to the face. The player sent all four to the Ferry of the Damned at least three times in one battle despite a concentrated effort. Lag didn't exactly help the experience for a couple of our players in that situation.

Needless to say it was a humbling experience LOL.

So that being said... how did you get good at battling PVP hand-to-hand? My Crew is lacking and seems to be struggling there. We thought we had a handle on it until this most recent experience. Anyone have tips or tricks?

Views
  • @firstsolstice I can tell you things that you can do right now to improve and there are things that will take time things like aim, game sense etc.

What you can do to improve right now
    Double gunning
    Use two combos of either Blunder Snipe or Sniper Pistol.

Once you have that learn X Cancelling, it’s a mechanic you can do to make your sniper, blunder and pistol reload faster. The moment you shoot immediately double tap your disengage button which is usually X hence the name X Cancelling.

Strafing
    A huge tip is your movement, Jump spamming is not the play DO NOT JUMP SPAM. It is very easy to hit for even bad Aimers. What you should be doing is strafing, strafes in sot are quite difficult to hit for even top tier players. Strafing is when you press A and D on and off and look the way you are moving. So if I press A I look left, press D look right. So it should be something like A Look Left then D Look Right and so on. If you do it to fast the strafe will be to tight and if you do it to slow it will be easier to hit. Another tip for strafing is being less predictable so sometimes jerk to the left or right when strafing.

90 FOV
    Make sure to have your FOV on max it helps a ton but usually most players already have it on max.

If your aim is bad that’s ok!
    You can tdm which improves your aim a ton. TDMing is when you and other crews go into arena, sail to a skull fort with sniper and pistol and fight on the island. You and your friends can do it yourselves and improve together.

When double gunning you also need to use quick swapping. Quick swapping will help you switch weapons faster. So the keys you need to enter in to quick swap go like this

Shoot
    Sprint
    Go out of the sprint, switch your weapon
    Sprint
    Pull out your weapon and shoot.

Remember to x cancel for a faster reload.

So what your main takeaway from this should be

Double Gun
    Strafing
    TDMing
    X Cancelling
    And Quickswapping.

If you want to see those mechanics in action just look up some Sea Of Thieves Montages.

And if you are controller imma be real all hope is lost just use a cutlass. BUT if you want some inspiration on controller check out Scudals/ScutLs older montages, he’s controller.

Views
1 out of 2