I’m new to this.......

• Hello fellow pirates! This game is the best game ever... but today something happened... I started one of the new free voyages and I started to go to an island!
    Then an hour later...
    I found out I was going the complete opposite direction.
    Yeahhhhhh so does anyone have any tips for sailing?

Views
  • @omega-geek2759 said in I’m new to this.......:

Then an hour later...
    I found out I was going the complete opposite direction.

You can leave your crockpot on for an hour without checking it and your cactus unattended for an hour but I wouldn't recommend going longer than a couple minutes without checking that map to make sure you are on course

• ..Soo you went the wrong direction for an hour and need help on sailing?

• Ships have a Compass
    • Ships have a map table
    • Yourself possess a compass.
    • Sun sets in the West and rise in the East
    • Map table also shows the position of your Ship. The front of the ship and which way its going by dotted line showing your path you traveled.

Find the name or image of the island you need to go on your Table. Find its direction and set your ship that way. Angel the sails to catch wind (if you can) and just...go.

• @omega-geek2759

There's a persistent current in this game, which influences the direction the waves go. I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details, but I believe it runs from the NW corner to the SE corner (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). This means that the waves will constantly push your ship to the SE (for example, if you're sailing N, your ship will start to turn starboard). The wind will also play a role in pushing your ship off course.

I'm assuming you're sailing on a sloop. If so, then you can see the map table from the top deck (where the wheel and sail ropes are) if you peer through the gap between the canvas top and the back railing; check the map regularly to ensure you're still sailing towards your destination. Also, figure out which direction you need to go, and consult the compass constantly (there's one mounted right next to the wheel, for your convenience).

Views
3 out of 4