Very strange naval combat

• Hello,

Something happened to me that I don't understand, after many battles I need your point of view. I followed a sloop for about an hour ready to take its loot, we were both emissaries level 4 or 5. At one point the boat slowed down and I decided to enter it from behind. , to get on their boat. Neither of us could fire cannonballs then. I specify that they did not have barrels of powder, and neither do we. At the moment of impact precisely, something happened that I cannot understand, they blew up our mast! by the rear and without barrels. How is this possible? by what means, are there cannonballs that we can throw capable of doing this? because in 70 hours of games, I cannot explain this phenomenon which seems impossible to me. So of course without the mast and the boat on fire, they only had to turn to finish sinking our ship.

Views
  • At what angle did you impact their ship? Did you shove your bowsprit right up their aft? Or did you come at them from the rear but at a forty five degree angle?

• @sharke1996 we came straight up hitting the back of their boat, not 45 degrees,

• I have knocked down a Mast with a Blunder bomb.

No one believes me but I did it.

Now maybe it was already cracked, got pulled up but no boards added.

Maybe it only had one board instead of 3.

Maybe because it was on fire...

But I have knocked down a mast with a single well placed blunder bomb 💣

• Something similar happened to me a while back. I worked out the player on the other boat likely sniped the gunpowder barrels we had in the crows nest. Destroys the mast and sets the boat on fire! If you can do it a great way to mess up another crews plans!!

• @legendbwd your ship most likely sailed over a powder barrel spawned in the sea amongst barrels. Seen it happen many of times.

• @legendbwd well, if you take a look at your ship in Sea of Thieves a disturbing omission soon comes to light: the devs have failed to provide us with stays. As stays are what hold the masts of ships up this renders our masts very unstable and prone to falling down. Clearly the force of the impact caused you to roll out your masts. Really its amazing it dosen't happen more often.

• @william-flint said in Very strange naval combat:

@legendbwd well, if you take a look at your ship in Sea of Thieves a disturbing omission soon comes to light: the devs have failed to provide us with stays. As stays are what hold the masts of ships up this renders our masts very unstable and prone to falling down. Clearly the force of the impact caused you to roll out your masts. Really its amazing it dosen't happen more often.

Perhaps in real life sailing but we are talking about sailing in sea of thieves.

Views
1 out of 8