Release Notes - 2.0.20 - Festival of Giving

• Release Notes - 2.0.20 - Festival of Giving

Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside with 2.0.20, which introduces our next Content Update: Festival of Giving!

Release Notes - 2.0.20

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • ooh black powder stashes..

• This doesn't look very exciting.

• I was really hoping for another gift voyage to get those commendations, but I'm fine with the black powder ones.

• alt text

reading these release notes twice
    gonna find out which changes are naughty and which are nice

• Please Stop making challenges that require cooperation from other crew, I know the idea is to encourage friendly interaction, but as the majority of players probably wont care about these events finding a crew that cooperates is a lot more luck than skill. If you want to encourage friendly interaction, do an event like hungering deep so that people ACTUALLY WANT to do the event because its something new, rather than easy and tedious challenges of performing actions that we already do frequently.

• There is nothing I detest more in gaming than Twitch drops!

I would much rather earn cosmetics playing the game I enjoy than only having an option to watch some streamer for a certain period of time to unlock items.. Gawwwd!!
    Enough!! I don't want to watch people play, I want to play and earn myself.

• @needsmokes said in Release Notes - 2.0.20 - Festival of Giving:

There is nothing I detest more in gaming than Twitch drops!

I would much rather earn cosmetics playing the game I enjoy than only having an option to watch some basement dwelling streamer for a certain period of time to unlock items.. Gawwwd!!

then don't take advantage of the free items

you could click play minimize it and still play SOT without watching or listening and unlock the rewards while you play

Not sure what the random shot at streamers is all about I don't watch streams generally but the popular streamers for this game all seem to be pretty decent individuals from what I've gathered over time

• The pirate emporium is really starting to be the longest part of these videos...

• Personally, I'm rather enjoying the update. I like a few of the new emotes, like the 1 with the book. And the ice pistol looks sharp!

I got 9/50 so far. They weren't nice; they were very naughty.

• I enjoy the new challenges. I found a fresh spawned crew and gave them my loot and supplies. They were very thankful :) .

• @needsmokes dijo en Release Notes - 2.0.20 - Festival of Giving:

There is nothing I detest more in gaming than Twitch drops!

I would much rather earn cosmetics playing the game I enjoy than only having an option to watch some basement dwelling streamer for a certain period of time to unlock items.. Gawwwd!!

Agree. I remember when Shrouded Spoils were released. Everyone was grinding hard for the new legendary equipment, also with Ships of Fortunes and emissaries. Players were so committed.

Some Twitch Drops to promote your partners is ok, but why don't obtain cosmetics by playing the games instead of watching someone else doing it?

Yet, Wailing Barnacle and Fearless Bone Crusher sets remain unfinished. This new way of drip feed cosmetics is getting a nightmare. We should get the full Jade dragon set in 1-2 months... I hope.

• I'm enjoying it so far it took me back to solo slooping and got me on islands again (already found an ancient skelly this morning)

it's nice to finally tackle those gift commendations

it's a slow grind and a pain to get people to turn them in but I'm enjoying the voyages

between the rage chest and the ashen winds skull and santa outfit I'm probably sending a lot of mixed signals to the new players I'm chasing down to give gifts to while my sea sleigh is ablaze and I'm firing an inferno out of a skull's mouth up into the air while I'm claiming to be friendly

• does this new patch mean that the bone crusher pet outfits are gone, and will be unavailable until next october?

if that is the case how was i supposed to know it's a seasonal item? i bought the game in november, it has been in the emporium for as long as i have been playing

• What about the items available to obtain during the event? Will they be available to purchase after it ends? I remember there was some discussion about it during previous event but I don't remember exactly and couldn't find any confirmation in release notes...

• What is the last day to choose your Gilded Voyage by before Larinna stop carrying them? Is there one?

• @cdrcaveman They will probably disappear when the next update drops which may be the 2nd week of January. It could also be the 20th, since this is when all current events stop but I would pick yours before Jan 13th just to be safe if Rare does not announce the official date.

• @d3adst1ck Thanks. I have mine but I have a friend grinding to PL who wants Athena and I'm wondering how long he can afford to wait. Weird they didn't note anything officially.

• Or fix your achievements first...

Views
18 out of 19