The unexpeted kind Reaper

• Ahoy matey's!

This Is my first post on these forums, but a meaningfull one (at least for me).

It's been a while since I starter sailing over the Seas, even if I don't have much time at my disposal.

Today, I raised sails with a couple of Friends, trying to obtain the last achievements of the "fate of the damned" event.
    I'm no pirate legend, but I was trying nevertheless.

We immediately saw that the Fort of the Damned was Active (two Reapers ships, allied, both level 5), and we raised the Alliance flag hoping to give a hand (and get helped on the way), accepting the alliance when we got in range.
    Unfortunately the two Reaper crew were of a different advice, and despite our words (spoken and written) they decided to sunk our brig and kill us.

We respawned far far away (but still inside the Alliance!), and we begun a couple of quests, selling loot inside the alliance.

Soon our "unaware allies" managed to reach us, and started to kill us without sinking the ship (we were no match for them).

Left alone by my crewmates, I appeared on the ferry of the damned, along with One of their crewmates: I started talking, saluting him and explaining to him that we were Just trying to get the achievement of the event in the last few days left (in particular the "perfect match" achievement).

He was decent and nice, telling me that his crewmates weren't friendly at all, and that they would never help me.
    I thanked him for the talk, and said that I wasn't mad at them for that.

I spawned back at my ship, only to find the other crew there, waiting for me: they started killing and reviving me (since we were still allied), and mocking me.

My words were of no use, they were just enjoying themselves (even if I was really no match for them).

But in the middle of those deaths, reviving and mocking, I heard a voice....

"did you get it"?

At First I didn't understand...but then I saw: the one speaking was the pirate from the ferry of the damned.

"No" i said, "seems not" while I was dying again and again, while mocked by the others..."shut up" they were keep saying.

But After a couple more deaths I saw...the message that told me that all of my ship's lights were matched with all of the lights from another, allied ship.

I went to the ferry of damned again, and there I met again the same pirate as before.

"Did you get it?" He asked.

"Yes" i replied, "thanks man, I really appreciate that".

You know, I understand that It was maybe a little gesture by him...letting me having the achievement in that situation.

But the context is important: in the last few months (well...all 2020) I struggled to have even an hour free to play the game since I'm working at my city Hospital...and that simple kind gesture from that stranger really made my day, after an eleven hour shift.

I really want to thank you "Casanova" (there were a couple of capital letters after the username...but i really don't remember them, I'm Sorry).

I Hope you read this, and know that you really made my day.

See you all on the pirate's Sea, that often is wild and harsh, but sometimes friendly enough.

ZelGab

Views
  • That's a nice story

I like using the ferry to say hi to other lost souls. It often results in pleasant interactions later on while on the server.

• @wolfmanbush you're right: speaking to other people in the ferry of the damned is often really interesting and entertaining.

• They weren’t being particularly good Reapers. Did either of them realize the value of a level 5 Reaper flag as a level five Reaper? Sounds like easy money to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if both crews betrayed each other at the end. However, it is nice to see a needlessly violent crew have some members with compassion on it. Thanks for sharing!

Views
1 out of 4